Haipad M8 looks almost perfect

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
Or at least it does to me.

8" 16:10 capacitive multi-touch screen - the perfect compromise between the 7" 16:9 and all the 10" screens. I have questions though.

It has a 1.3 Ghz Vimicro VC882 based processor. Anybody got any experience with this processor? Are they any good?

Has anybody bought anything from www.wholesaleonepiece.com? Are they any good as a vendor?

With the internal Bluetooth, and internal GPS options, plus 512 Mb RAM, a full selection of ports including one full-size USB 2.0 it looks like a great value at $209 with free shipping.

Any opinions / fedback welcome.

ddelvecchio79

Aug 15, 2011
Hi,

I got one M8 5 days ago.

It is a very nice device. By now I'm very satisfied except for one issue (which seems to have been an issue also on the M701): it will not connect to secured wifi.
It goes without any problem on free wifi network but will not be able to stay connected for more than 2 seconds on secured connections.

I've seen in the forum this was also an issue on the m701 but I haven't yet found any resolution...

ddelvecchio79

Aug 15, 2011
Hi,

I got one M8 5 days ago.

It is a very nice device. By now I'm very satisfied except for one issue (which seems to have been an issue also on the M701): it will not connect to secured wifi.
It goes without any problem on free wifi network but will not be able to stay connected for more than 2 seconds on secured connections.

I've seen in the forum this was also an issue on the m701 but I haven't yet found any resolution...

Hi,

Just to update in case anyone is interested:
I found the solution to the problem. The device will not connect to a network secured with WPA/WPA2 protocol. I switched my network to WEP and it works perfectly.
It is also very fast when browsing and has very nice features.
I can only recommend it.
P.S. I bought the one with 8GB memory on android-sale.com where is sold for 169 USD.

mrsich

Aug 27, 2011
Hi, am still research stage which tablet to purchase and am considering the M8.
I am concerned with the wifi issue. I was once hacked thru wifi so now use limited MAC address access to my network for security. No good if my tablet cant access my wifi!
So my newby type question is; Do all tablets in general have a fixed/programmable mac address in the android settings? Is mac address retained on power down/reset, wifi switched on/off, that kinda thing.

Any info would be most asuring, Thanks.

rosun

Aug 27, 2011
Hi guys, just what I have on my mind. Still choosing on the right tablet. The tablet I am seeking is to be used for "on the go" textbook reader, web browser so I can connect to uni intranet and maybe some easy editing. Therefore PDF compatibility is compulsory, and some way of getting connected on the go; here the only two options seems to be 3G or bluetooth to pair it with my garmin phone. After some research I am able to narrow the current search into few models based on their reliability and quality. I am willing to spend up to $200, prefer Android 2.3 and size of 8" seems to be the right choice. 10" is too big to carry around, 7"s display may be too small for textbooks. This led me down to Haipad M8, NOVO8, and perhaps Wopad i8.
I am willing to consider resistive as well as capacitive screen tablet with at least 4000mAh battery. Any comments and suggestion are appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: