Hard Reset on EGL25BL 7 inch Tablet

SteveOfPekin

Jan 26, 2013
I am hoping that someone can help me with. I am new to tablets in general. I am an old laptop guy. But, I purchased a couple of these tablets for my grandkids for Christmas. One of them used the dots to create a password pattern and can't remember what she did. For the life of me I can not find a way to reset the tablet back to normal. I have tried to contact ematic, no avail, searched through google and haven't found anything that works. I have already tried the holding down the power button while also holding down the volumn button, but all I get is the Ematic logo screen and then it goes dark. Nothing happens. I have gotten to the point where I put it in Safe Mode but that doesn't help either.

I have read on your forum about the endless loop and reseting everything using the FLash method. It seems if that is a bit of an extreme to reset the tablet. Also, the instructions from Ematic aren't exactly user friendly here. If anyone could help me on this I would truely appreciate it. I am pretty well frustrated with this.

Thanks.

SteveOfPekin

Jan 26, 2013
I hate replying to my own post but it looks as if this is a common problem and I wanted to let everyone know what I found out. I didn't get a reply via the ematic website support portal but through facebook of all places. This is what was return via ematic.
"Ok, shut it off, then turn it on while holding the H button. Then you should see a menu pop up. Use the volume buttons to highlight factory reset, and Menu to select it. Let it do it's thing, then select reboot system now. Let it sit awake for about 10 min while the apps reinstall. "

This seems to work. It reset everything. My only issue now is that the WiFI card does not work now but that is another problem I will put in another thread.

lvitali

Feb 15, 2016
I have the same issue though it seems being such a minor brand of tablet nobody feels it deserves an answer or solution. I figured out the combination of buttons myself to hard reset the thing but I only tried that because it would not turn on the Wi-FI at all. It used to work great and I loved it but now it isn't much better than a paper weight. Have you come up with any solutions yet? I noticed its an older post.