Hard time getting music to tablet

NewbieA500

Jan 18, 2012
I know the question is repetitious in all forums but , I keep on getting an error message when I move my mp3's from my Pc to tablet. I don't know if
I have to convert first or my method of moving them. I open my file manager and from there I try to drag them into internal memory since I don't
have a Micro SD card yet. Is there another way for music,movies, and apps?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What kind of tablet do you have? Are you connecting to the PC via USB and then trying to drag and drop the files? Where are you trying to put them on the tablet internal memory? Details like this will help get you an answer.

You should have no problem with mp3 files on a tablet so more than likely there is an issue with how/where you are moving the files.

kelvinhungtc

Feb 25, 2012
I'm having a same problem over my Asus eepad slider. Plugged it to my PC with USB cable. Then tried to drag and drop the mp3 files to internal memory. The process hung for a while then displayed with error message. any help?

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
There is one way that is absolutely fantastic and that does not even involve to copy your music to your tablet: Skifta.

Skifta is a streaming app. So it gives you access to all the music, pictures and movies you have on your laptop without actually copying them to the device.

The advantages are many:
  • You don't use your valuable space on the tablet
  • You get access to all media you have on the laptop
  • You have in therory access everywhere you can connect to a highspeed internet connection
IT-Depot had a good article about streaming and Skifta in their February Newsletter: Find Past Issues of IT-Depot Android News here