Has anyone modified the batteries in these tablets?

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Mine came with what they called a 1600 mah battery, but I think that's probably optimistic. I'm getting less than 1.5 hours of life on a full charge with all the normal battery saving tricks. Has anyone tried upgrading the batteries or replacing them with some others?

Nov 1, 2011
This is on my todo list, i have so far added a antenna to my Eken and rooted it, waiting on funds for battery replacement i wil let you know also on my list is bluetooth, dualcore upgrade, NAND upgrade from 2g to 8-16, i can post pics and progress :)

Nov 1, 2011
there is a post here for the pinouts on the 30pin adapter, check that post and google for the 30pin on apple hw, it will work if the same pins are assigned to power.

ahmady2205

Nov 5, 2011
Had the same problem. Battery life less than 2 hrs..check with Battery Monitor suggest 1500mAh..not sure what that means..how to extend the battery life..any solution is highly gratefull

Nov 1, 2011
i have seen 2100mah batteries on ebay that are roughly the same size as the stock battery, however the charger will also need a upgrade...

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
How much would the "final" price be after modifications? Why don't getting a little pricier one with all the "mods" already in place?

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I agree, but I've already got mine and didn't know the battery specs until I tore it apart. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't buy it again, but now that I've got it, I'm going to play.