Has anyone rooted or ROM'd the MID7120-4G yet??

energythief

Dec 27, 2011
I managed to do Root:
SuperOneClick v2.3.1 - Automatic Driver Installation!

Download
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.1 - Automatic Driver Installation! - xda-developers

Extract the file, open as administrator and go into Driver Update, after you install the drive click Root, when to stop with the message waiting device click again in Root that will work ... (Tested in Windows 7 Ultimate)

Unfortunately, while you attempted to Root the device, from what i see in the log, true root was not acquired. The same reasons discussed above( system files being locked as read only) has limited this attempt. Believe me, I want root too. Ive tried miultiple times, so dont feel bad, at least we are trying. I hear that the 7012 is the model closest in specs to the 7120, but cant seem to find a root method for this device either. If anyone knows, or has successfully rooted their device (7120) witha root method for an other device, or has come up with one for (MID7120) please, PLEASE, PLEASE (lol) share. I would be happy to trade info with you,not a programmer, but well versed on the Android platform, and have rooted many devices ( albight it was all done with the support of established forum comunities for the devices)

Be easy all.

energythief

Dec 27, 2011
I take back my previous post. ROOT is sticking. Pearljame was correct.

Here are more precise instructions (pardon pearljame, im sure you understand)

USE ROOT METHOD FOR KYROS 1125

1. unmount NAND (the SD)
2. run SOC as admin on Windows 7 64-bit
3. select root
4. leave it alone and walk away until done
5. it had asked me to do a test I had said nope
6. check the app folder docker and found Superuser icon cool!
7. test root by downloading root app (titanium backup)

USE ROOT METHOD FOR KYROS 1125
http://kyros-tablet-zone.team-talk.net/t917-kyros-1125-root-recovery?highlight=1125

Last edited:

Jessiejames3

Jan 30, 2012
I am new here and saw this thread while searching for support on my 7120. At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, what is "rooting", do I need to do it, and why?
Thank you!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
"Rooting" is basically enabling "super-user", so you can modify system files. Some special programs require rooting in order to change system files to acomplish one thing or another, generally related to system modding (adding new fonts, taking screenshots, install modified graphics drivers, etc). If you just want to use regular programs, it's not needed. Needless to say, as it alters system files, it will also void tablet's warranty.

adwd3509

Apr 22, 2012
I have rooted my mid7120-4g using unlock root. It works perfectly. I used it on windows xp. Rooting makes this a much better tablet. You can uninstall the useless apslibs program and emusic. I installed many programs that require root and it works perfectly. Titamium backup, Root Uninstall, clocksync, amd the google market. Before rooting, google market would not let me install hardly any apps. Now, no problem. Here is where I found it.

Unlock Root v2.3.1 - GSM-Forum