Has Motorola lost their mind? Some are now saying Xoom price will be $799.99

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I noticed by your other posts that you seem very adamant that we are going to see many of these tablets at $250 and I just don't think that's realistic, especially for this first round of big name tablets. I can see maybe $350 or so as the entry level price for any decently well known brands, and maybe your $250 hope will be true by the end of the year for some of the no-name tablets.

A $300 higher-end tablet may seem like fantasy, until you think about how many manufacturers that are going to be releasing tablets in early 2011. With these companies basically releasing tablets that are very similar (i.e hardware specs, screens, same OS) features, the way to win out is pricing. Of course Apple is able to dictate their high price, because right now there is only one iPad. With new Android tablets, that will not be the case. Supply vs. Demand... the market is going to be saturated with Android tablets in just a few months. This will eventually drop the price down, i'm guessing by June/July.

KSR

Dec 30, 2010
I honestly wouldn't spend $800 for a tablet when that can buy you a decent laptop... That's a shame from Motorola. :/

Sent from my DROID X using Android Tablet Forum App! :)

hasankamal

Feb 4, 2011
If the price difference is more than $100 for the wifi-only version, that is stupidity. I wouldn't pay $450 more for 3G access.