Have you got problems with Micro Sd 32 Gb ???

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Who in their right mind is going to use a micro SD card in the cheapo adapters in the DSLR or video camera? Those adapters are junk and commonly lose connection with the card during any sort of vibration or shock. If we were talking full size cards, then yes I would agree that you might as well get class 10 cards, but we are talking micro cards with a device that seems to only be able to move data at around class 4 speeds... Might as well save the money and just get a class 4 micro card for the tablet.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
In my post I didn't mean to imply that a class 7 or higher was necessary in our tablets because I also have some class 4 8gigs that work just fine. This class 10 was the first 32 gig I ever bought, and I was amazed that the prices came down so low for a class 10 that I just had to have it because I deserved it. :) Whenever I searched for a 32gig in the not too distant past, even the class 4's were $80 or more, and much more for class 10. So zaniche, everyone who said class 4 would work fine are correct, and they would save you a few dollars.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
You've got me curious now, Have you actually seen a class 7 advertised or for sale anywhere? All I've ever seen are even numbered ones like 2, 4, and 10.

No, I haven't. I was just going by Douvie's post saying, "...as long as you have 7 or above..." I just assumed there was a class 7. I just did a quick search and I do see a class 6, so 2, 4, 6, and 10 are the only ones I've seen for sale. Sorry for the confusion. :eek:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
You've got me curious now, Have you actually seen a class 7 advertised or for sale anywhere? All I've ever seen are even numbered ones like 2, 4, and 10.

Well I just happen to have one. It is in one of my cameras and it is not the usual familiar makes. In benchmark Test it comes up as a class 4 even though it say class 7 on the packaging.

Yet in my other camera I have a class 10 which benchmarks at class 10.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
In benchmark Test it comes up as a class 4 even though it say class 7 on the packaging.

Then it's not really a class 7 is it. Sounds like one of those fakes I see mentioned in posts periodically.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Then it's not really a class 7 is it. Sounds like one of those fakes I see mentioned in posts periodically.

yeah going real cheap and very popular because everyone looks at price. I see brands that I would not touch but many of my colleagues by them by the bucket loads. The one I got class 7 was not that cheap though.

scooterge558

Jul 19, 2012
I think it might bear mentioning that the sd card can be used for storage, not app storage. Apps can't be moved to the sd (at least I'm not able to get them to).

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I think it might bear mentioning that the sd card can be used for storage, not app storage. Apps can't be moved to the sd (at least I'm not able to get them to).
Well it can be used for storage but you can have a music file or movie file play from the SD CARD. I just bought a SANDISK 32 GB X10 micro SD CARD, moved all my data from internal SD to the external SD and it works fine. All my apps can stay on the internal SD (which is 32 GB anyway). I'm happy.;)