HcH's Uberoid [rooted] [market] [10-nov-2010]

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
uberoid1.jpg

uberoid2.jpg

Quick overview:

This rom is faster and completer than the standard rom. Also this includes loads of extra apps and games which run fine on a FlyTouch. Please keep in mind that this rom could work great on a Eken m003 and ePad generic models, but it's tested with a Gome FlyTouch! For this rom is a lot of attention spent on speed, stability and functionality. This rom is thoroughly tested, if someone finds a bug, please post the bug description in this thread.

CaffeineMark 3.0 Results: 433

Changelog:

0.4c by HcH
*New bootscreen
*New hintscreen
*New bootloader
*New background
-removed com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup
-removed ADW.Launcher_v111_standalone_donut
-removed i9Home
-removed com.aac.cachemate.demo
-removed jqsoft.apps.mysettings
-removed com.estrongs.android.taskmanager
*added some new desktop shortcuts/icons
*scriptcmd changed version and some names
*fixed SD card corruption after hibernation problem, scriptcmd setenv hibernation_ui yes = no
*scriptcmd setenv modem3g_ui no
*scriptcmd setenv pppoe_ui no
*scriptcmd setenv bluetooth_ui no
*scriptcmd setenv vibra_enable 0
+upgraded sensor driver to official flytouch 2.0.0_105
+upgraded system driver to official flytouch 2.0.0_105
+upgraded battery driver to official flytouch 2.0.0_105
+upgraded host file for malware/adblocking
+[game] Air Attack Lite 3.0.6
+[game] Air Control 1.0.7
+[game] Jewels 1.7.2
+[game] Little Python 1.1.0
+[game] Tap and Furious 1.0.4
+[game] ThrottleCopter
+[game] Robo Defense 1.2.0
+[game] Tank Ace 1944 1.0.5
+[game] Zen Table Tennis 1.0.2
+[app] Advanced Task Killer Pro 1.9.5
+[app] Android VNC build 20100819
+[app] Battery Booster
+[app] CacheMate for Root Users 2.6.3
+[app] CoolReader 0.7.0.0
+[app] Documents To Go 2.500
+[app] Dolphin Browser 2.5.0
+[app] Free Memory Lite 2.4.4
+[app] Logmein Ignition Pro Android 1.1.96
+[app] Meridian-hacked 0220
+[app] Remote Desktop 1.9.0
+[app] Quick Settings 1.9.7_p2
+[optional app] SetCPU v2.04 (in local_disk\setcpu_2.04-signed.apk ) [incl. frequencies file on device!*]
+added 16 different wallpapers

* The frequencies file has the right overclock settings for the Flytouch to run 400Mhz, run
SetCPU and select the last option, read settings from .txt file, increase speed as you wish!

DOWNLOAD: Download Flytouch.1.9.99.v4c.256MB HcH.7z (103MB)

Last edited:

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks for this ROM, I will sure give it a try!

Hey ya! This ROM is excellent! It seems to be the fastest ROM I tried, yet! SetCPU works like a charm! The only bad thing I found that clicking the Browser icon of "Home ++" gave me the message "that no application is able to do the selected task". Browser works fine of course, but not using that icon :( Any other thing works pretty nice! Thanks a lot!

Okay, I am totally sorry! If I longpress on the browser icon I can set my browser to use! I think that's because you included the (great!) Dolphon browser in this ROM. I think when there's jut one browser installed (and you install others later), home++ will automatically choose this one!

Good stuff! Excellent ROM!!!!!

5 stars ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Thanks for this ROM, I will sure give it a try!

Hey ya! This ROM is excellent! It seems to be the fastest ROM I tried, yet! SetCPU works like a charm! The only bad thing I found that clicking the Browser icon of "Home ++" gave me the message "that no application is able to do the selected task". Browser works fine of course, but not using that icon :( Any other thing works pretty nice! Thanks a lot!

Okay, I am totally sorry! If I longpress on the browser icon I can set my browser to use! I think that's because you included the (great!) Dolphon browser in this ROM. I think when there's jut one browser installed (and you install others later), home++ will automatically choose this one!

Good stuff! Excellent ROM!!!!!

5 stars ;)

Hi MrHabaki,

thank you for testing and reviewing my rom! I'm glad you like the performance and the overall rom.

Enjoy your FlyTouch!

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hehe! also very important ! :) I thought putting some extra games on it, that are perfect for the FlyTouch, it expands it's possibilities with gaming.

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
Yes that's true and it isn't that bad for casual gaming ;) I like aircontrol on flytpuch more than on my Milestone XT720. Luckily I have one flytouch with a better battery which lasts about 4 hours, while my other one gives up after less than 2 ;) Watching 1 movie could work on the 2nd one with some luck :)

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
That's nice! Air Control indeed is a neat game! Did you mod the battery of the FlyTouch in order to use it up to 4 hours ? I've seen several opened FlyTouches on the net and noticed that most have 1700mAh (2x850mAh @ 3.7V) (like mine), but there are also other mAh versions. It's possible to replace those batteries with e.g. 2 x 1900mAh @ 3.7V. ATM my FlyTouch (without BatterBooster set) runs about 1:30/2:00 hours so, theoretically you must have 3800mAh to achieve 4 hours running a FlyTouch. Is that what you did ?

Last edited:

whgarner

Sep 14, 2010
excellent rom, works well. like the elimination of non used menu items, ie. bluetooth. Stable at 400mhz. Lots of app choices. fast considering what we work with. good job.
bill g.

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
That's nice! Air Control indeed is a neat game! Did you mod the battery of the FlyTouch in order to use it up to 4 hours ? I've seen several opened FlyTouches on the net and noticed that most have 1700mAh (2x850mAh @ 3.7V) (like mine), but there are also other mAh versions. It's possible to replace those batteries with e.g. 2 x 1900mAh @ 3.7V. ATM my FlyTouch (without BatterBooster set) runs about 1:30/2:00 hours so, theoretically you must have 3800mAh to achieve 4 hours running a FlyTouch. Is that what you did ?

No, I didn't mod anything, but it definately works that long (even if clocked to 387 or 400 MHz), but it is definately from an other batch than my other one, I think they improved battery with the newer flytouch. There are no optical differences between both, but package was a little different... the "bad" one came with an irobot package, the good one in a "mid" labeled package. The good one has usb-lan adaptor with writing "mid usb/lan" on it, the "bad" ones adaptor has no writing on it. And the good one has had an iphone usb cable packed in.

I am pretty sure they did use a bigger battery in the better one, I also read about the battery mods and I think it should be no problem to do such, but I won't open it before battery fails ;)

The battle tank game in your ROM is also very nice (finally a playable fluid 3-d game) and table tennis is really great!

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
I see, so indeed there are different battery types. Mine has the iRobot logo, and has quite poor battery life, must say running my own rom does a good job on the battery life. Will report tests how long the tablet functions on one battery.

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
I must add a me too!
My Flytouch clone drops from 100% to 50% within 5mins coming off the charger.
When playing Robo Defense, it complains of low battery in 30mins!

I see the ZT180 has a very active battery mod thread. Any such thread for the Flytouch?

I see, so indeed there are different battery types. Mine has the iRobot logo, and has quite poor battery life, must say running my own rom does a good job on the battery life. Will report tests how long the tablet functions on one battery.

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
Okay, as RomanticEvil has told his one is also in an irobot package, I would say, that those might be the ones with the bad batteries :(

@RomanticEvil:

Btw, yesterday I tried Zombie Ducks and G-sensor didn't work... may this be caused by your ROM? I mean, did you disable, or try it, yet?

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Okay, as RomanticEvil has told his one is also in an irobot package, I would say, that those might be the ones with the bad batteries :(

@RomanticEvil:

Btw, yesterday I tried Zombie Ducks and G-sensor didn't work... may this be caused by your ROM? I mean, did you disable, or try it, yet?

Hello MrHabaki, yes by default the G-sensor is disabled, you can enable the G-sensor by opening the options from the homescreen called "Gravity sensor", I've tried it by coincidence a few days ago with some other game and the G-sensor worked (shitty) for that game. Hope this helps you.

Last edited:

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
Hi,
thanks for your answer! Of course I did switch it on ;) I now found the problem: My g-sensor is reversed somehow... I flashed too many ROMs I guess :) But now I can finally play Abduction (at least in Kids mode), you used the latest drivers I guess? As with the elder one it was even worse, so there is still hope that we get decent g-sensor one day and play some matches of tilt labyrinth ;)

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hi,
thanks for your answer! Of course I did switch it on ;) I now found the problem: My g-sensor is reversed somehow... I flashed too many ROMs I guess :) But now I can finally play Abduction (at least in Kids mode), you used the latest drivers I guess? As with the elder one it was even worse, so there is still hope that we get decent g-sensor one day and play some matches of tilt labyrinth ;)

You're welcome! Too bad the g-sensor is reversed, I tried some arcade android pack with several games to test the g-sensor, that went all well. It's possible that somehow your app has problems using the g-sensor (which is updated to the latest version). I'm not sure but isn't it possible to use some set_env to rotate the g-sensor ? Will have to look that up when I'm @ home, atm I'm laming @ work (something regular for me)