Hello all, New here looking for a bit of tech help.....

aturner1992

Jul 12, 2014
Hello Guys/Gals...

Hopefully become a regular poster here as I deal with a lot of tabs...Not sure you can help but there is no harm in trying!

Please feel free to move this where appropriate as I am not 100% sure where to put it!

Basically have a clients tablet here a Yarvik Luna Tab474 with the following spec.

BrandYarvik
Item Weight440 g
Product Dimensions30.8 x 22.6 x 7.4 cm
Item model numberYarvik Luna 10c
Series"TAB474 LUNA 10"""
Screen Size10 inches
Processor BrandARM
RAM Size512 MB
Computer Memory TypeDDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size8 GB
Wireless Type802.11bgn
Operating SystemAndroid
Average Battery Life (in hours)5 hours
Lithium Battery Weight695 grams

I am not familiar with this, and have tried to get technical help from the manufacturers directly.....But as they very surprisingly have gone bust, this doesn't look to be working.

Anyway I will keep it short, I turn the tablet on and it freezes on the Yarvik logo. The only way to power it down is to smash it against a wall or let the battery die out.

Any ideas on a work around or solution, I have tried the famous +Volume and Power combo.

Thanks in advance for any help, look forward to chatting with you....

Aaron

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Aaron, congratulations on your Yarvik Luna tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets, and glad to hear you're planning to help out when you can.

Check out http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html

If there are no instructions for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying as long as the tablet has a good charge.

I'm also moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section. If none of the solutions work for your tablet, perhaps someone there will be able to provide more assistance. Good luck!

aturner1992

Jul 12, 2014
Hello Aaron, congratulations on your Yarvik Luna tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets, and glad to hear you're planning to help out when you can.

Check out http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html

If there are no instructions for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying as long as the tablet has a good charge.

I'm also moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section. If none of the solutions work for your tablet, perhaps someone there will be able to provide more assistance. Good luck!

Thanks for that unfortunately the tricks posted didnt, work.

Is there anything else i can do?

Can i connect it to the pc and re install software?

Thanks in advance.....

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
What appears to have happened is that the system software is broke. It will not get past the logo stage. What you need to do is get android system the same or very close to the original of the tablet. Get a 4GB SD card copy the system on to the SD CARD. Insert the SD card into the tablet's SD CARD SLOT. Then holdling the volume - button push the power button (or push and hold) until thd tablet vibrates. Still holding the volume- button allow tablet to start up. Makd sure you have power to the tablet. Once the logo comes up and you get some kind of android symbol, let go of the volume button.
You should see the system being rewritten to the tablet.The process could take an hour.

I had a similar issue happend on my ICONIA A500.