Help Choose Best 7'' Tablet $$ can Buy

italdream

Oct 30, 2010
Assuming that $$ is not a concern, what is the best 7" tablet on the market? Any alternative to the upcoming samsung galaxy tab?

I would be interested in hearing everybody's opinion about currently available (or soon upcoming) devices with the latest android version, powerful processor (1ghz +), internal GPS, capacitative screen, front camera, HDMI etc.

Is there any such device with similar or higher specifications?

Thank you

italdream

Oct 30, 2010
I agreen with DaHanz,

Thanks guys for sharing your opinion. In fact, I have read good things about both devices. I would not mind the lack of an HDMI port. However, the absence of a GPS (as I understand is the case for at least the 7" archos) would make it a less compelling choice. Especially, a smaller tablet device, which by nature is more mobile, could benefit from an internal GPS. This is the reason why I thought that the Galaxy Tab (3G version, which should include GPS) is the only 7" "full-featured" tablet at this time. However, I have read mixed reviews for the Samsung device and it certainly comes with a pricey tag.

hypergolic

Oct 29, 2010
Am I missing something? It looks to me like the 70 comes with HDMI output.

ARCHOS

I am having trouble deciding between the 70 and the 101, the only difference I see is screen size and resolution.

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Am I missing something? It looks to me like the 70 comes with HDMI output.
Ok, I think I was a bit misinformed about that - sorry about that!
The reason for this was the fact that they proclaim that output with the 101 very often and on many placed compared with the 70...

elston1999

Oct 29, 2010
New to the forum. I have been researching tablets the last few weeks and I am leaning towards the G10 gpad. I am not a techie so the specs sound good to me. How is this pad as a reader of comics? I have been looking around for a tablet to primarily read comics and ebooks. thanks gang

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I agree New Archos 101 definately the way to go! And price tag is excellent..:cool:
However, I'm going for the Archos 70, purely for the more comfortable size. (Although, not much price difference.)
When they finally become available in Australia??:mad:

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
The Archos 70 (and my Huawei S7) has a 800x480 res 7 inch screen, while the Samsung Galaxy Tab has a 1024x600 res 7 inch screen - I haven't compared my screen to the Galaxy Tab but I assume there's a notable difference.

jlaubin

Oct 24, 2010
How about a witz a81...they come with gps as a 10.00 option, screen is led back lit to same battery..Good audio and video...no extra add ons like archos does. Archos advertises ther video output with optional plug ins..you find this out after you buy..

italdream

Oct 30, 2010
How about a witz a81...they come with gps as a 10.00 option, screen is led back lit to same battery..Good audio and video...no extra add ons like archos does. Archos advertises ther video output with optional plug ins..you find this out after you buy..

I took a leap of faith and got the recently-issued Archos 70. I decided eventually that an external GPS BT receiver would do the trick when I need GSP (usually in a car). Does not match my specs wish list but the Galaxy Tab sale policy really bothered me. It was not clear when wifi-only was issuing, did not have GPS either. I decided not to pay the premium Samsung was asking. And of course, I know I would soon want to buy a new one as soon as the android tab market is more defined. Very exciting.