HELP Dead Kyros MID 1126

Dsoto

Aug 16, 2012
Well. I have a coby kyros MID 1126. It was running 4.1 well. I tried to install 2.3 back but the screen got sorta offset. Reflashed couple of ROMs and backups to see if I could get it to normal. After one ROM install(a stock one) the tablet went completly dead . the tablet charges but it wont start, it wont show any sign of being alive other than the charging LED. Also, when I connect the tablet to the USB, it shows "USB device not recognized". I have all the drivers installed, VTC and rest. Please guide me thru this!

essjayar

Dec 17, 2011
sounds dead to me sorry. If you flashed anything with FDWN that can brick it, if you can get it to boot in FWDN or even better fastboot you might have a chance. Try removing the sd card too if one is installed.

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
I seem to have got my device in a semi brick state.

I reflashed with recovery.img but that didnt fix my problem becuase of where the files are; however /system as its own img file system.img

Can someone with a 1126 with clockwork mode pls do a "Create system dumps (root required)." and see if there is a system.img?

if you dont want to upload it publicly you can email me at [email protected]

Well I found the system files but they are in .tar not .img format so could someone please up load the image or point me to a place where I can turn a folder into a fastboot img

I flashed using the 1125 system.img but never got pasted the coby logo so it needs to be a 1126 system.img
heres the 1125 files
http://www.2shared.com/file/1M3Jwbrv/images.html?cau2=403tNull

Thanks in advance

*To original post I noticed you said you had all drives installed but I link this just in case as it fixed my "USB device not recognized"

http://www.gamefront.com/files/17273323/PdaNetA242x64_exe

They are for win x64 obviously

also if you use the command fastboot devices it should show ? fastboot or something like that hope that helps

Last edited:

essjayar

Dec 17, 2011
Hi

Here's some interesting files I've compiled:

(If anyone has space or time mirror these, they might be useful for others)

You'll find a copy of the ICS rom plus a copy of Clockworkmod here and some other stuff to give you root etc...
Coby1126-ICS.rar download - 2shared

And a copy of Jellybean, Clockworkmod, Root, Play Store etc here:
Kyros-JB.rar download - 2shared

Plus an untested backup of Gingerbread here:
1126CWM backup-GB.rar download - 2shared

Since you can get Fastboot, you can flash the clockworkmod recovery - or just reboot into it
"flashboot boot recovery_1125.img" (in the ICS pack)

If clockworkmod is running on your tablet you can use ADB commands. If you want to access the tablets SD card you can mount it within clockworkmod too.

You could flash the included ICS rom if you wanted, or the Jellybean one (easier to run the included "upgrade android" once your tablet boots).

The GB copy isn't mine, and is untested, but it will have a system.img you can use.

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
"fastboot boot recovery_1125.img" saved my tablet Thanks A TON!!!!

I owe you a round of beer my friend

Is there anyway to fix the cant move apps to sdcard bug in JB?

Last edited:

essjayar

Dec 17, 2011
"fastboot boot recovery_1125.img" saved my tablet Thanks A TON!!!!

I owe you a round of beer my friend

Is there anyway to fix the cant move apps to sdcard bug in JB?

Yes!

The latest jellybean rom :D

Run the Upgradeandroid.apk , with a "fake" serial if neccessary, and it will download and install.
Instructions in the zips above (sorry cant remember which) or on this forum.

If you look in the JB pack (an earlier copy of the german upgrade) the stuff you need is there, all you need to upgrade your android, with play store, and root, and all SD INCLUDING link2sd (put all your apps on external SD that way, especially big ones, and save that precious /data amount).

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
sweet upgrading now... I bought the tipsir rom update (powercode) will it install ok over 4.1.1 it saids it supports JB so I would assume so.

for anyone interested google play magazine is run a special 50% off subscriptions. I bought pcgamer for year for 10 bucks works great on this tablet

Thanks again

rubyfocus

Nov 12, 2012
sounds dead to me sorry. If you flashed anything with FDWN that can brick it, if you can get it to boot in FWDN or even better fastboot you might have a chance. Try removing the sd card too if one is installed.

Question: What is FDWN?