Help needed. I can't get computer to recognise the tablet :(

columnmn

Apr 28, 2012
Hi all.

I've just bought myself a elsse 7" rockchip2818 tablet. It won't recognise most of the apps I want to use, so I wanted to flash it with a more modern OS (it's currently on android 2.2).

I can't get the computer to recognise it with any of the programs, adb, rkcooking, rkandroidbatchupgrade or anything. It shows up the disk drive alright, but anything under the hood it just won't find. Just says device not found on ADB, and nothing else.

I've tried everything I can think of, and I managed to get it into the recovery mod using ROM manager. But it won't do anything from there either, and there aren't many options to choose from in recovery either. It just won't recognise the device I can't think of what I need to do to get it to work.

I've got usb debugging turned on too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read through all the tools and everything and I just can't get it to work.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
You may need root access for some of those apps. Someone must have a costom rom for your tablet. I know uberoid covers some cpu's not sure about yours. Might be worth a look.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

columnmn

Apr 28, 2012
You may need root access for some of those apps. Someone must have a costom rom for your tablet. I know uberoid covers some cpu's not sure about yours. Might be worth a look.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Thanks, but I managed to root it with z4 root. Although it only temp roots it, but enough to let me run rom manager and things like that. From what I've read up on the forums with rockchip2818 it won't do perm roots, only temp ones.

I've got no problem making a custom rom for it (or swapping a few files around anyway). It's just getting it to talk to the computer that doesn't want to work for me.:confused: