Help needed to tether a Slider

Zax

Dec 5, 2011
Hi All,

I'm Zax from Malaysia. I'm new to this android world. I do have an android phone but just use it as my 2nd phone and don't know much about the platform. I bought the Asus Slider but as u know it doesn't has 3G capability. Is there any chance that I can tether the pad with my BB Torch 9800? If it can be done, anyone can let me know the step by step on how I can do it? Thanx a lot guys.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Zax,

Glad you could join us! Welcome to the board. I hope that someone is able to help you soon. I don't have the answer to that, but I do know that some phones and tablets can be tethered in that fashion, so hopefully you'll get the answers you're looking for soon. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Zax, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new Asus Slider. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Asus Tablets section where I hope someone can help you get that Slider tethered. Good luck!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have checked a few sites that I know of, but my experience is that trying to tether an Android Tablet to a Blackberry is very rare because most of these tethers require a USB cable and software (that is currently only supported on Mac and PC).

The most hopeful option is PDANet since there are clients for Blackberry and Android (PDANet Tablet Beta) but the Tablet version only allows tethering to Android phones. They are trying to expand this to Blackberries, but I am not sure how the progress is going on that front. You can email the developer to see how soon they think it may happen.

You will need to find a way to share your 3G connection from your phone either via Bluetooth or WiFi in order to make it work, USB is not going to have drivers support on the Android side.

Zax

Dec 5, 2011
Thanx guys. In that case I just have to wait n just use wifi now. I think I just cant have the whole damn things in 1 piece. Had ipad earlier but no flash and I need flash player for my biz. Too bad. U got some u lose some. I just dun understand why these manufacturers did not incude 3G as a package. I thought it should be a standard. Then ppl can migrate from one platform to another very easily. They just love to make our lives difficult ehh.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Android Tablet Forum

Zax

Dec 5, 2011
I tried using pdanet to connect Slider to another android phone of mine. Phone sets as server and the Slider sets as client. You just have to set a proxy first at the tablet before u make the connections and reset the proxy back after u finished with the connections. it works perfectly althought using bluetooth it is somewhat a bit slower. In any case, I managed to at least connect the Slider to 3G network. Luckily got my 2nd phone in Android as well in case of emergency. But now I guess I have to bring it along everytime I wanna use the Slider hahaha.

Hope for those having problem as me can benefit from this. Ahhh...what a relief. Otherwise its a waste of Euro475.

Cheers.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Android Tablet Forum