Help please SD Card Problems

IanMc

Jan 15, 2012
Im trying to install music to my sons android pad but no matter what i do it dosent work, i have put an sd care in the tablet but it just says "preparing SD card" this has been doing this for 10 mins now. beginning to wish i just bought him an IPOD now

J

jimbo7630

This is a long shot, but have you tried inserting the card with the tablet turned off, then turning the tablet on and see what it does?

BTW there should be a setting to Mount/Unmount TF/(SD) Card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello IanMac, glad you decided to join the forum, nice to have you as a member. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
what version of tablet is it? who makes the pad? where did you buy it? what version of android is on it? what make and size is the sd card?

You may want to insert the card into a computer and verify that it is formatted with fat or fat16. If the format is wrong on the sd card then the system cant mount it, thus it will do exactly what your describing. Depending on the android version you may have support for fat32 but thats why i suggested fat16 as almost all devices have the kernel modules running to handle the fat and fat16 file systems.

PS... if you format the card, you will lose everything on it, so copy everything into a folder on your desktop first, then format it. If your using windows, select fat16 and leave everything else default and click 'ok'. Before you put your music back on the card, unmount the card from your computer, and put it into the tab and see if it does mount the card for you. If not please provide the information about the pad so we can give you more information.

also.. dont regret getting your son an android. if so you wouldnt have the ability to add unverified music to the device, much less movies, books and much much more.