help which tablet will suit me best

downing262

Jun 2, 2012
I want to buy a tablet but with so many on the market i don't know which is the best. I need to be able to watch downloaded movies, read books and play some games.
Please help me decide which one to buy :confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Most of the Android tablets will be able to do what you need. The question would be how well, and what else might you find yourself needing down the road. You're first decision might be deciding what size tablet would work for you but my recommendation would be a 10" if you plan on lots of movies. You also need to consider if you want a tablet that can do only 720 or one that can do 1080 resolution.

I probably added to your decision making process but you need to start somewhere.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Any tablet should work for you. I will post the names of tablets that I know will work.
Ployer momo9, Ployer momo8 Ployer momo11, Colby 7042, Colby 8042. I have had first hand experience with theses tablets.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi downing, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I want to buy a tablet but with so many on the market i don't know which is the best. I need to be able to watch downloaded movies, read books and play some games.
Welcome, one more thing we need to know is, how much are you looking to spend? And do you have a preference of screen size? Some thing small? ish. Something larger? Or maybe something in the way of 13.3 inches?
7 inch tablets are popular but for some the small screen is hard to make out so some like the 10.1 inch screens but in the near future a 13.3 inch tablet will be hitting the street. And at a steep price, but if bigger is better for your tablet needs, that one might be a fit.

need to be able to watch downloaded movies, read books and play some games

As stated before, any number of tablets can do all the above, but price will determine quality and memory size. Get one too cheap and you can suffer on memory size. Too little hard drive means you run out of space for apps and music. You can add SD cards for that but not app of all apps can be moved to the SD card so a small HD can fill up quick. RAM next. Some very basic tablets get by with 512 megs but if you have many apps running 512 will bog down quickly.
And then there is processor speed. Most are running at about one gig right now so a bit higher and many are sporting dual, triple (I think there are some Triple) and quad cores.
So as people are piping in with their thoughts, think these things over and decide what your needs are really going to be. And be sure. You dont want to spend 90 on a tablet only to find out it should have been delivered in a pooper scooper. It ran out of memory a few days after you bought it because it only had 2 or 4 gigs. (and yes there are tablets out there with amounts that low) and you don't want to spend a hundred or two more than you need to for a system that has more than you will ever need/use.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi downing, welcome to the forum, so, what's your requirements?
Tablet size? budget? and any other requirements? like a high resolution touch screen? pls be more specific, so that we can help you to find the right tablet! :)

rainbowway

Jun 4, 2012
Almost all tablets can meet your needs, and are you sure that you just want the functions you mentioned? If you are not certain, then you should take classes

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Classes are probably not needed, but the OP should consider that like most of us, we buy these things expecting to only use them for a few things and find that we are using them for most everything.
Better to buy a little better than expected so the machine has the ability to handle your unexpected changes.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I agree with Androidfonefan. If you could even find a class it won't be much help. You can take this with a grain of salt but I have been in the computer business for 22+ years and those who decided to purchase a computer for their needs always came up short in as little as a year while those willing to purchase a little more were still humming along in 2 years and much more.

Always try to take into consideration what you might need to use the tablet for in 18 months and make the purchase accordingly, or in 12 months you'll be looking for something better.

Dual vs Quad core. There just aren't many apps optimized at the moment for Quad Core, but be assured that there will be.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011

hi this tablet is very good and is one of the first dual-core tablets out of china. i have just ordered one for myself from this company as they are trustworthy and offer support on this forum. well worth a look but if you want a different size maybe the cube u30gt may suit your needs also. check them out on this site.

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $257.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods