help with adobe flash player

lisac26

Mar 29, 2014
hi hoping someone can help me (please explain in simple terms) tablet how to for dummys haha cos im lost !

Got a Prestigio android tablet , its 4.1 jelly bean...we are having trouble getting the adobe flash player - i read that android devices no longer support it...so how do we go about getting it? or a flash player of some kind? is it possible?

We can get most sites, but obviously there are some that require the flash player.

Thanks for reading and hope u can help me :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Technically the statement you made about Android not supporting Flash is incorrect, Adobe is no longer supporting Flash on Android. With that said it is installable if you follow the link in my signature for the download and instructions.

Keep in mind that some Android browsers don't support Flash and of those that do some need to have it enabled in settings.

lisac26

Mar 29, 2014
like i said i dont really know what im doing , so i probably have mistaken some information - whether it be true or not, im just stating what i know/trying to type it so people can get the idea and help me, thanks but what signature?? we have had a look at some settings but dont seem to be getting very far :/

lisac26

Mar 29, 2014
i clicked that link to install flash player and it downloaded windows media center??

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi lisac, congratulations on your new Prestigio tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. I'm not sure what you did, but you should have clicked on download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.81/install_flash_player_ics.apk.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I would like to point out from persomal experience that because Adobe is no longer supported on Android powered devices, you won’t find any security updates, bug fixes, or official Adobe support. Furthermore, you may also experience some significant stability issues when downloading and using Flash. The stability issues tend to be worse with Android devices running Jelly Bean 4.1 or newer, as that operating system ditched Flash altogether.