Help with bad firmware

tornrawks

Mar 15, 2013
Hello,

I just received my Aluratek AT107F tablet. It came from TigerDirect.

After seeing reviews mention an available update for Google Play functionality I updated using the instructions on the Aluratek website.

Afterwards, I had no WiFi at all. A call to their tech support reveals that the firmware may have actually been a *downgrade* to what I had - yet on their site is the upgrade.

As part of their update instructions, you are shown NOT to make a backup - unwise choice to follow that one.

Here is a link to the product:
CINEPAD 7? Multi-Touch Capacitive Tablet with Android 4.0 | Aluratek

I am hoping someone else has bought this in the US or Canada (I am in Canada) and could use the utility to get a working backup of the firmware for me since Aluratek is of NO HELP AT ALL. They say "We don't have access to the files". I have done much research now and it seems they are most likely just rebranding a device for themselves. The problem is, I can't ID the Wifi chipset to help me find an appropriate firmware file (yes, it uses the LiveSuit.exe and a single .img file).

Please I hope someone can help - I know it's a cheap device but I can't afford better, and can't afford to replace. I am at a loss as to how they can post an update that isn't an update for some yet the instructions lead you to what should be the correct file.

Thank you for any help!