Help with converting video to NC please

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I posted this in the Technical section, but with no help. Then I realized, maybe it was the wrong place.

I made my first attempt last night to get a video on my rooted NC. I used DVDshrink and Handbrake. I was successful! I used a short DVD (40mins) as my tester. It's a nature/documentary type film about Arizona. The video looked great. Beautiful actually. Audio volume was low without headphones, but in sync. But...

It took Handbrake over almost 2 hours to convert a 40min DVD! This can't be normal! I used the settings given by the OP (in the handbrake thread). Was it due to the "visually stunning" landscapes? Is my PC just THAT crappy? Did I do something wrong? Anyway, I'd like to try an actual movie this time and don't want it to take my whole day up. I know I could let them convert while I sleep, but I like to know that it worked instead of tossing and turning, hoping that I wake up to new video for my NC.

I just downloaded Freemake, so I'm going to try that with the Android or NC settings. I hope it does the job faster. I don't need my videos to look amazing, just watchable. Enjoyingly watchable. Lol.

Any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks.
UPDATE: Sigh. I used Freemake to convert my copy of Willy Wonka. Took an hour (faster than Handbrake). Video is full screen and looks great. Audio is in SPANISH?!?! Why??? I selected English audio and removed the other options. Not cool. I seriously need some help with this :( There goes an hour wasted of my day.