Help With Encryption Error on 8042

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Two times now I habve had the tablet working fine and out of no where I get an encryption error and it only has the option to reset the tablet. I did that the first time and now I just powered off and when I restarted it loaded to the screen it loads the first time it starts up and it didnt see any of my apps even thoigh they are still on sd card. any ideas?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Not a good ideal to reset tablet if you have apps moved to sdcard, that is what's causing your problems.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
I got the encryption error before the rester. i googled it and it seems like a common problem with ics on alot of devices. havent come across a cause or fix yet.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Now Im assuming that running the system from sd woukd prevent that? thanks man.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Correct as everything is on sdcard nothing is moved. Moving apps to sdcard requires system to follow symbolic link from data to hidden files on sdcard, this link can and does get corrupt, erased, damaged so the system shows encryption error. This error means system can't find or mount hidden files, cause the symbolic link was lost.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
is there any way to st it up to run from sd without having access to a computer

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
I had more than a dozen encryption errors and locks with a new 8042. This occurred even without the microSD card. Memory or CPU is bad. Less than a month old. Sent back to Coby for replacement or repair.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Replacement 8042 arrived from Coby yesterday. It works much better. If you get repeated encryption errors and the tablet is under warrany my advice is to return it for replacement. It cost me $15 for service handling plus shipping which didn't make me happy, but the replacement solved the problem.

Last edited: