Hi all new member here need to purchase a tablet from Amazon...

mjordan

Jan 11, 2011
hi everybody,

I had been wanting a relatively cheap Android tablet for a while now, and have been doing my homework, but with a growing family, didnt have a budget for a tablet.

Out of the blue, my employer gave me a $500 Amazon.com giftcard yesterday. I am only looking at using up to half of it or so on a tablet.

Usually buyers can shop around for the best price/deal, but i am sorta stuck at 1 site.

i am intrigued by the Freescale IMX 8" Android 2.2 Tablet MID/aPad type of tablets, for 2.2 and flash, but have read really mixed reviews, and that the build quality is very hit or miss. Various sellers on amazon have these for between $220 and $260.

aside from those, i am left with the standard coby kyros 7005 7015, low end Archos (no g sensor), and various other no name 7inch tablets with 2.1. ranging from $160 to around $249.

i know enough to stay away from the tablets that have the 128mb RAM, android 1.6, etc.

i am not the type that will root it right away, but i do work in IT and may tinker eventually.

would anybody be so kind as to have a look on Amazon tonight or tomorrow and let me know what you think the best bang for the buck would be?

thanks in advance!

mj

mjordan

Jan 11, 2011
I think the Viewsonic G-Tablet is quite nice. Runs Android 2.2 and does flash, with a 10.1-inch multi-touch capacitive screen

Amazon.com: Viewsonic G-Tablet with 10" Multi-Touch LCD Screen, Android OS 2.2: Computer & Accessories

thanks for the reply!

I know that viewsonic is awesome! but unfortunately i am trying to stay under 300 (preferably under 250).

i understand that this cuts down on my options, and I know i cant afford the best, i guess i am looking for the "best of the rest" or best of the worst!

much appreciated!!