Hi. Anyone as to how can we change the resolution on our 7 inch Tablets?

majrul

Oct 25, 2010
Hi,

I bought a new HaiPad 701-R tablet and everything is working smoothly. But the current resolution and font size doesn't fits enough on a single screen. So if any input with regards to how can the resolution or icon size or overall font size can be changed would be great.

The tablet is running on Android 2.1

-Majrul

ServerKing

Oct 25, 2010
go download launcher pro from market abd you can change how many icons on the main screen along with other options...

Nick.C

Oct 3, 2010
I tried LCDDensity - it will change the LCD density, but it does not survive power off/on.

A permanent fix can be achieved by using:

adb pull /system/build.prop

edit build.prop; change the line "ro.sf.lcd_density = 240" to "ro.sf.lcd_density = 160"; save.

adb push build.prop ./system/build.prop

This survives power cycling.

majrul

Oct 25, 2010
From my experience, as of now having more spaces between the icons makes sense on these chinese tablets, because of the kind of touchscreen it has.

If you try to scroll and if the icons are very close, then there is a very high possibility of some application getting opened up even though you didn't intended it to.

I installed ADW and went for 4 columns per row setting for the drawer. And i can say that it's much better now. Even spacing between the columns and some cool ADW themes give a awesome look to my tablet.

So what i'd asked for when i posted this thread, and what i've settled for is completely the contrary but still so convincing enough.

Thanks everyone for your replies on time.

ta2025

Oct 28, 2010
I tried this. Some things worked well, others didnt.

Some apps seem to need a specfic DPI. Aldiko and others would try to create either a smaller window size or they would start pushing text/icons past the margins...

Any solutions?

I tried LCDDensity - it will change the LCD density, but it does not survive power off/on.

A permanent fix can be achieved by using:

adb pull /system/build.prop

edit build.prop; change the line "ro.sf.lcd_density = 240" to "ro.sf.lcd_density = 160"; save.

adb push build.prop ./system/build.prop

This survives power cycling.