Hi

criver

Oct 20, 2011
Hi!
Recently my sister bought an Archos Arnova 8 tablet and I liked it pretty much, so I thought of buying myself one too...The problem is that I'm interested mostly in the video playback abilities of the tablet - wanted to find one with at least 800x480 resolution, playing 1080p video, playing formats like mkv,avi - h.264/mpeg4 compression. What I'd like to know more about are the abilities of the different processors used in tablets - what type of processor with what frequency and eventually how much ram do I need to be able to play all the movies (smoothly - around 30fps) that I normally watch on my PC. I've looked through some tablets and found a Zenithink zt-180 10 inches,with 1ghz,512 ram, 1024x600 for around 150$ - which is a really great deal I think - the problem is that I don't know if it would be able to play H.264 and MPEG4 in 1080p, I guess that with a 1Ghz processor and 512ram it should be able, but I'm not really sure...
I also looked through some of Rockchip's processors and I found out that only the 29xx series can decode 1080p in hardware - does that mean that the 27xx and 28xx series cannot decode 1080p at all, or is it that they do it in software and so it is slower?
Last but not least, hope we get along well.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I've found the best place to find "shopping" information on this forum is the Android Tablet Discussions section, so I'm moving your questions to that section. Someone should be able to help you over there. While you're there, read the "Sticky" threads and look through the others to get a feel for what to look for in a tablet and if you have more questions that would be the place to post them. For more information on the Zenithink zt-180, you'd want to take a look in the Zenithink Tablets section. Just click on the link and you'll be there. Good luck finding the right tablet and as long as you follow the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ance/6368-forum-rules-guidelines-conduct.html , you needn't worry about getting along well here. That's all we ask.:cool:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi!
Recently my sister bought an Archos Arnova 8 tablet and I liked it pretty much, so I thought of buying myself one too...The problem is that I'm interested mostly in the video playback abilities of the tablet - wanted to find one with at least 800x480 resolution, playing 1080p video, playing formats like mkv,avi - h.264/mpeg4 compression. What I'd like to know more about are the abilities of the different processors used in tablets - what type of processor with what frequency and eventually how much ram do I need to be able to play all the movies (smoothly - around 30fps) that I normally watch on my PC. I've looked through some tablets and found a Zenithink zt-180 10 inches,with 1ghz,512 ram, 1024x600 for around 150$ - which is a really great deal I think - the problem is that I don't know if it would be able to play H.264 and MPEG4 in 1080p, I guess that with a 1Ghz processor and 512ram it should be able, but I'm not really sure...
I also looked through some of Rockchip's processors and I found out that only the 29xx series can decode 1080p in hardware - does that mean that the 27xx and 28xx series cannot decode 1080p at all, or is it that they do it in software and so it is slower?
Last but not least, hope we get along well.

Hi criver, welcome to the forum, yes, the ZT-180 you mentioned above can support H.263 in 1080p video, it's $144 for sale in our site, you can check this link to see more details: 10" zt-180 android 2.2 tablet PC
and here i find another 10" one with android 2.3,seems can perfectly fit your requirements: 10" android 2.3 tablet PC built-in Freescale A8 Processor
anyway, you can find some other device of your interest here, welcome and hope you enjoy the online shopping...:)

criver

Oct 20, 2011
@Spider: Thanks for the answer, I already browsed through the zenithink section before registering, and I'll follow your advices about looking a little bit around.
@SpeMall: Thanks for the info but I was asking for H.264 not H.263...

By the way is there a chart somewhere like performance vs price for tablets (like the cpus ranking on the net)?

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
@Spider: Thanks for the answer, I already browsed through the zenithink section before registering, and I'll follow your advices about looking a little bit around.
@SpeMall: Thanks for the info but I was asking for H.264 not H.263...

By the way is there a chart somewhere like performance vs price for tablets (like the cpus ranking on the net)?
Yep, i know, but you can find a lot 10" tablets can support h.264/mpeg4 in 1080p video in our site.
And for the CPU ranking... we have researched a lot for each CPU, the best CPU of China Tablet PC might be Samsung S5PV210(coz it's more stable than others) and A9 dual core, and tablets with A8 @1Ghz also very good.
hope this helps, and good luck!