How Cheap is Too Cheap for Android?

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, my first tablet was $500+, ran 2.2, had a dual core, and 1gb ram. You can find better speced now for 1/5 the cost.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4

I only wish I had that $500+ today. The tablet sits unused and I have more than one bill the $500 would make a good dent in, notwithstanding the monthly cost of 3G service for however long I even used the tablet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Just keep in mind that the "losers" who buy these questionable tablets are what keeps your Forum going.

True, and some are innocent victims who received the tablet from a Santa (Gramma) who didn't know much about tablets and couldn't pass up a great deal. Gotta admit, if I hadn't come here before I bought my NC, I probably would have one of those tablets myself.:cool:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Gotta love those great deals, especially if Gramma has lots of grandkids.

DudeOfX

Mar 6, 2014
I say sub $50 might be too cheap... maybe cause below $50 its a game changer because they are cheap enought to be disposable. maybe at this number manufactorers might start to focus on advertising rather then quality. If they get your money and you don't like it you might preffer to simply buy another one then go thru the hassle of getting a refund... but maybe the technology is so stable that no manufacturer will **** up its product and they will not profit by making junk. Anyways the point is that sub $50 tablets can be thought of as disposable.