How do I download Android OS

tehall

Dec 29, 2011
I received the Google Android 8" 2.2 from China and it has no preloaded apps on it, it does not appear to have anything on it. When I cut it on, the android symbol comes up and stays there.

What do I do?

forcix

Dec 30, 2011
Go to OBEROID site where you can choose a version from the 8" tablet version alternatives. You must have a microSD (SD) card reader. There is a menu based system that automatically creates an OS installation microSD disk that you can use to instal a new version of the OS. These version have all basic applications in place. If you do not know the manufacturer of you board you just have to try wich version works for you but it easy with the menu based microSD OS installation system.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You may not find the previous post as helpful as it could be. First, we need to know more detail on what kind of tablet you have, 2.2 Android 8" covers a whole range of devices. The OS is very specific to the hardware and device configuration, so any additional info will point us in the right direction. Once we identify your tablet, we will be able to see if there are user custom ROMs available for it, there usually are, along with directions for upgrading and even YouTube videos.

Cheers,
Peter

Hatchet813

Apr 22, 2012
I have a T-Mobile samsung sgh-t499 and i messed up and deleted a bunch of system programs and now i have no launcher i cant do anything with my phone all it dose is turn on and off so i was wondering if i could just reinstall the os but i cant find it anywhere any help would be great tnx.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
uberoid v10.1 works with most wm8650 based devices & a few others as well. If you have web access type uberoid Tablets identification there should be a link somewhere

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Ceesdu

Aug 15, 2011
Where can I find the OBEROID SITE Google can't find it
I need an OS for;
Wonder media 8650
Android 2.2
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 default
Build number: Generic Engels 2.2
Froyo version1.3.1-20110513.12540

Can some one help me

Best regards Ceesdu

Swede00

Mar 12, 2013
I did a search on Google with no luck, then I tried it on Bing and was able to get onto the site.

Hope this helps