How do you edit the registry and/or disable Incognito on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

oregongirl23

May 23, 2012
Hello everyone! I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 yesterday and I am trying to figure out how to disable Incognito browsing. I have disabled InPrivate Browsing on my PCs for both Firefox and Explorer by simply editing the registries. However, I'm not sure how to go about it on a tablet. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks!:)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure how one would go about doing this for Android. At best, it would be an option in the settings of the app, or an add-on to the browser (if supported).

I cannot seem to find a way to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD.

oregongirl23

May 23, 2012
Thank you for the reply, Frederuco. You said you can't figure out how to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD. I'm totally new to the tab world so pardon me for sounding a little dumb - but are those browsers that are specific to tablets only? Are there any tablet browsers on which you *have* figured out how to disable private browsing? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure how one would go about doing this for Android. At best, it would be an option in the settings of the app, or an add-on to the browser (if supported).

I cannot seem to find a way to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Thank you for the reply, Frederuco. You said you can't figure out how to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD. I'm totally new to the tab world so pardon me for sounding a little dumb - but are those browsers that are specific to tablets only? Are there any tablet browsers on which you *have* figured out how to disable private browsing? Thanks in advance!

Browser - the included web browser.
ICS Browser+ - A better web browser (built on the original Browser). It is only available for ICS devices (tablets and phones).
Dolphin Browser HD - A browser that works for Tablets (and some phones). Closest to FireFox for a desktop (has LastPass, XMarks add ons and many other add ons)

I only use ICS Browser+ and Dolphin Browser HD. Others you can try on your own that have honorable mention by yours truly (but I have uninstalled them because the others work much better):
Maxathon
Boat Browser
Opera Mobile
Chrome Beta (ICS Only)