How to Get Browser to Always Request Desktop Site

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
i know i haveseen this before but a search did not bring up results.
i want the tablet browser to always request desktop site instead of the mobile site.
i rember it had to uze settings and labs but dont know the rest. perhaps this in not a ailable in 4.0 ICS?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You didn't mention the browser, all have a different way to get to it but if it;s the default "globe" settings - advanced - always request desktop site.

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
yes it is the default browser.
please define "globe".
under settings, advanced I do not get an option for always request desktop site so I cannot choose that.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The globe is the world, (blue), icon and is the default browser. Not certain why you don't see the setting. On mine it displays on the first settings page AND in advanced.

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
actually i assume (you know that joke) it is the default browser. How can i confirm what browser is used?
i do see the blue globe when on the settings page

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you haven't installed any other browsers it would be the default. If you installed other browsers but selected another browser at some point when prompted, as the default then you have a new default browser. I should have referred to it as the stock browser. My bad.

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
yes I believe it is the stock browser. i have not replaced it and I do see the blue world when in the settings page.
do you know how ckeck manually if there is an update for the browser just in case i have automatic updates turned off somehow. i dont even know the name of the browser app.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The stock browser only updates when your tablet gets an update. There are lots of other great (I think better), browsers available. Firefox, Next Browser, Dolphin Browser and more. Those all support Flash Player as well.

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
Thanks leshore,
Can you confirm if version 4.0.3 is the current version for the stock browser?
if it is not the current versionI dont know how to update since I dont think we are going to see any more system updates for the tablet O/S.

I will look into one of the alternate browsers also.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The ONLY way, (unless possibly if you are rooted), to get any more current version of any stock app, including the browser would be through a system update/upgrade. Mine happens to be 4.2.1 which so happens to match the version of Android on my tablet.

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
leeshor,
Thanks for that information. my version on the browser also matches the android version number 4.0.3. I dont want to root the device for the higher version of android/browser. i think i will start looking at some of the alternate browsers now.

Last edited:

Ganesh kumar

Jul 24, 2017
i want the tablet browser to always request desktop site instead of the mobile site.
i rember it had to uze settings and labs but dont know the rest. perhaps this in not a ailable in 4.0 ICS?

Reply : Create a desktop short cut tteh

Reply :
First enable Request desktop icon
Then
Create a desktop short cut for the application By

More Tools > Add to Desktop> Enable the tickmark open as windows >give a name and save

Then whenever you open that short cut it will open by default with Enabled Desktop setting where you could Zoom anytime