How To: Get Over 3GB of Online Storage 100% Free W/Dropbox

jon7

Oct 8, 2011
Ok, so I know a lot of people like me use Dropbox to sync files to their tablet, so I thought I'd share how to get a little extra space.

For those who don't know what Dropbox is, it's an online storage service (cloud drive) which allows you to upload files to your account and than download the file onto any of your computers, phones, and tablets.

Lets get started.
First you'll need to go to THIS LINK and sign up for a free Dropbox account. This will give you 2GB of storage and you'll recieve an extra 250MB just for using the link i provided.

Next go to THIS LINK and complete a couple simple task, such as tweeting about dropbox, to recieve another 640MB of storage.

Then go to THIS LINK and complete a few more easy task, like installing dropbox on your computer, to get an extra 250MB of space.

And if you want to go the extra mile and recieve even more space, you can start referring people to join dropbox and you will get 250MB (500MB if you are a student_LEARN MORE_) for each person you refer.

Now you can enjoy your new cloud drive ;).

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
So you are getting an extra 250meg for each person that folllows your link, so what is the limit of free storage a person can get?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

jon7

Oct 8, 2011
So you are getting an extra 250meg for each person that folllows your link, so what is the limit of free storage a person can get?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

I actually receive 500MB because I'm a student, and the person who signs up gets an extra 250MB. The limit is 16GB if you have a student account such as mine, and 8GB if you have a standard account.

Just a side note, this 8/16GB limit does not take into account the free space you receive by doing the tricks I wrote about. Only Extra space you receive from referring people will count towards your 8/16GB limit. :)

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I get 5gig with Ubuntu One free.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

jon7

Oct 8, 2011
I get 5gig with Ubuntu One free.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
Yea, i Have Ubuntu on my PC but the only reason I use Dropbox instead of Ubuntu One is because I can upload my Titanium Backup files easily to Dropbox. Also because it seems Dropbox is integrated into more apps and that sort of thing, Dropbox is also more popular so I believe it will continue to be one of the more known/used storage services and therefore continue to be integrated into more things.
Plus I already had 5GB of Dropbox storage by the time I learned about Ubuntu One lol.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Yea, i Have Ubuntu on my PC but the only reason I use Dropbox instead of Ubuntu One is because I can upload my Titanium Backup files easily to Dropbox. Also because it seems Dropbox is integrated into more apps and that sort of thing, Dropbox is also more popular so I believe it will continue to be one of the more known/used storage services and therefore continue to be integrated into more things.
Plus I already had 5GB of Dropbox storage by the time I learned about Ubuntu One lol.

I am a recovering Windoze user. I have Ubuntu on my laptop and a dual boot home PC with XP and Ubuntu as the primary. I use the Ubuntu 1 app from the market and transfer files from my Tibackup folder to it for storage. Its a few more steps, but I don't mind.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

cmaglone

Aug 10, 2011
I am a student also, how did you get a ” student account”?

Thanks

sent from my EVO View