how to install android market

pokemon

Jun 30, 2012
im confused and need help instaling the android market . even worse i only have a laptop what do i do.:confused:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
First, the following is only a description of how I would side load the Play Store APK to a tablet if I were doing it. If anyone uses these directions and bricks their device, Neither I or this forum are responsible. If you follow these steps you do so on your own actions.

These steps should side load the Play Store on a Android device, but depending on how heavily the Android OS has been tweaked or altered will determin weather or not the app works.
These steps on a Kindle Fire will not install the Play Store. The AOS on the KF is too heavily altered for the PS to work properly without rooting the KF or installing a new ROM.

Ok here is what I would do to side load the Play Store APK on a tablet. If my tablet did not come with it it may be very hard or near impossible to side load it and make it work, but lets cross our fingers and hope it works.

First thing, I would find a link to the most recent PlayStore APK, I would have this on hand, http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1161213&d=1340855360 <--------most recent apk. The next is to go in to Settings>Applications>Unknown Sources, I would put a check in the box so that the tablet would allow installation of non-Market applications.

Next, be sure I have a wifi connection, then open my web browser and log back in to the forum and come back to this thread and click on the link above.
I would get a download prompt/apk install request. ie it will ask if I want to download and install this apk, I would say yes. It will do that, then I would back out of everything to my desktop and back in to settings and find the play store app icon (provided it succesfully installed) open it and see if it works.

These are the steps I have used in the past to side load apps to the Kindle Fire and to my Vizio tablet when I had them.

I wouldn't need you PC for any of this.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Sappy

Sep 24, 2012
If this is an android tablet (which it says it is) how come I can't get the android market? I was really excited about this tablet, have had it a week and I really don't like it --- can't do anything on it. So many times I have had tether it with my phone, one day it will connect, the next day it won't. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If this is an android tablet (which it says it is) how come I can't get the android market? I was really excited about this tablet, have had it a week and I really don't like it --- can't do anything on it. So many times I have had tether it with my phone, one day it will connect, the next day it won't. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

Unfortunately not all Android tablets are created equal. Yours may be less equal than some others.

I'm not familiar with your tablet and don't know where you purchased it but some tablets don't come with the Google (Market or Play) app installed and that is either country specific or determined bu the manufacturer . If you have Android 4.0.x, (ICS) on the tablet the app would be called Play and would be found in the app drawer, (the little squares upper right). Earlier versions had an app called Market, found in the same general location.

Some vendors omit the Store app from their tablet description and they would be ones to watch out for. But there are some other apps available that would allow you to get most of the same stuff you could get from the Google Store. My best suggestion would be to get the Amazon Store app. There is also AppBrain and Tablified where you can instal apps.