How to manage music storage on tablet when there's not enough space left?

Dec 19, 2023
Hello community,

I'm facing a challenge regarding music storage on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. Storage space is low and I want to find solutions to manage this situation effectively.

Perhaps many of you have experience managing music on your tablet when there's not enough space left. I'm considering using an online music storage service, but would also like to know about methods to optimize download quality and remove unnecessary songs and ringtones.

Have you had any experience using external memory cards or transferring music to an external drive? Or are there other apps or strategies that help you manage your storage space effectively?

Thank people!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Android allows you to combine the internal storage with a Micro SD card with the end result of Android treating both as a single storage space. So the solution is to get a Micro SD and use it as described to resolve your space issue.

Dec 19, 2023
Android allows you to combine the internal storage with a Micro SD card with the end result of Android treating both as a single storage space. So the solution is to get a Micro SD and use it as described to resolve your space issue.
Thank you for sharing your solution with me, I will try it on my Samsung Galaxy phone and get back to you soon.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Apparently Samsung does not utilize adoptable storage, meaning you can't combine the storage. Regardless, a MicroSD to store the music is still the most effective solution. Any decent music player should be able to see the music on the card and play it.