How To Play .mov Files

TBakerHR

Feb 5, 2012
Someone emailed me an .mov file but I can't open it. If someone emails me a media file, how should I handle it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

happygirlbaby

Aug 2, 2012
Someone emailed me an .mov file but I can't open it. If someone emails me a media file, how should I handle it?

Android phone is famous for running multiple applications at the same time, but it supports relatively few video formats (only supports H.263, H.264 AVC, MPEG-4 SP video format).

Just google search Step by Step Gudie on How to Convert MP4, MKV, MPG, MOV, WMV, AVI to Android Phone Format

You will find a simple solution

yilia

Aug 23, 2012
yes, that is easy to use a video converter to convert .mov files to the supported video formats.

ersxaer

Sep 19, 2012
Make sure your video player on your tablet can play the videos, or you need to first convert to H.264 MP4 format which are best supported by most Android tablets.

afaq_anjum1

Sep 27, 2012
Download QuickTime 7 Player free for PC and Mac. Upgrade to QuickTime 7 Pro and capture video with a single click or convert media into a variety of formats.

Katelyn0

Nov 11, 2011

Hi, you should find a video converter to convert the videos to supported formats at first. Recently I discovered that there is a free web video converter service. It is named videoripper.me. You may Google it, visit it and have a try.

grabbetterlife

Jul 23, 2015

Many people have the trouble in playing MOV on Android which powers more than a billion phones and tablets around the world. Does Android play MOV? According to Android Official Website, Android phones and tablets don't natively support MOV as the input format. To play MOV on Android, there are two solutions:

Solution one: Install some Android MOV Players to play MOV on Android. But these players only support some special MOV formats. What if the input MOV files don't meet the requirement or you want to play other video formats on Android?

Solution two: Convert MOV to Android Phones and Tablets more compatible formats with a software like iDealshare VideoGo. This is a highly recommended solution and you can play any MOV and other video files without hassle by this means.

Last edited by a moderator:

jessendeen

Nov 1, 2016
There is a easy way to convert MOV and other unsupported video file to Android device supported video format, it is Avdshare Video Converter

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
MX Player is highly recommended. I use it with a custom codec to support AC3 sound from DVD rips. Works perfectly.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I switched to VLC, as it supports Dolby AC3 without requiring an add-on codec be downloaded first.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Yes it is, but my mentioning AC3 really isn't the point. The point here is that MX Player, as good as it is, requires you to download additional codecs in order to be able to view files. With MX Player, unless I downloaded a modified neon file that supported AC3 audio, I could not watch a DVD rip I created on my device.

VLC doesn't have that issue. It "just works" without having to download anything additional, and it has support for .MOV files as well.