How to play video files stored on a file server

39er

Aug 26, 2011
I am looking for an application which will allow me to play a variety of video files but mainly flash (ext. flv) on the a500 tablet without downloading them onto the device itself.
The server is located on my LAN and requires a user name and password for accessing the server and files.
The application should also allow scrolling through the files for selection. I understand that there are numerous apps on the stores site and I tried a few but without success. Accordingly, I am requesting assistance from the user community for the correct app which will do what I am looking for.
Finally, this forum may not be the correct one for this topic. If so, please let me know.
Thank you very kindly for taking time reading this post and replying.

Aug 8, 2010
I recently found one that works for me, BubbleUpnP. I have it on my Iconia and Thunderbolt. I use that along with MoBo player. I haven't tried any .flv, but I have alot of .avi, .mp4, .mkv, etc. This is what works for me, give it a shot, if you haven't already.

D

dvdcatalyst

I am looking for an application which will allow me to play a variety of video files but mainly flash (ext. flv) on the a500 tablet without downloading them onto the device itself.
The server is located on my LAN and requires a user name and password for accessing the server and files.
The application should also allow scrolling through the files for selection. I understand that there are numerous apps on the stores site and I tried a few but without success. Accordingly, I am requesting assistance from the user community for the correct app which will do what I am looking for.
Finally, this forum may not be the correct one for this topic. If so, please let me know.
Thank you very kindly for taking time reading this post and replying.

Try setting up a webserver (apache) on your fileserver and have it point to your video files.

I have a similar setup for some sample trailers I have on my website.

Index of /xoom/fullscreen

It just connects to a folder on my site that contains MP4 files, and by tapping on them, they will stream. Depending on the player you use, you should be able to use something similar for your other video files.