How To Remove Opera Mini

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
Hi

I never use Opera Mini as I have Opera Mobile and Chrome installed. But Opera mini pops up an option from time to time when opening a downloaded file which can be opened in various media..

It is more of an irritant than anything else.

Advice will be appreciated

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you go to the app drawer and fund Opera Mini, a long press should display uninstall at the top of the screen. Drag it there.

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
If you go to the app drawer and fund Opera Mini, a long press should display uninstall at the top of the screen. Drag it there.

Nope, that does not work.

Also if one selects uninstall from the menu in the app drawer. Opera Mini does not have a "minus" sign.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you go to settings - apps - all, do you find it there? If so tap it and tell it to clear cache and settings then force stop. Restart your tablet and try uninstalling again.

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
If you go to settings - apps - all, do you find it there? If so tap it and tell it to clear cache and settings then force stop. Restart your tablet and try uninstalling again.

Thanks yes, That workaround gave me the option to disable Opera Mini, so it is no longer a bother. The same workaround will work for the SPlanner once I decide on which Calendar app I want to use

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
Hi all

I noted when I rebooted my Tab after charging, that Opera Mini is now gone and not just disabled>

Spikes

Oct 10, 2012
Nope not at all. The apps that are removed in this way sits right at the bottom of the "all app" scroll list in Settings>Applications. I found my Samsung Planner there, now proudly re-instated after finding the workaround to force it (Splanner) to default to Google Calender :)

dolfieq

Jul 5, 2015
Can you do the same to uninstall opera mini on a galaxy chrome smart fine?

dolfieq

Jul 5, 2015
I force stopped and even disabled. But its still there in the settings. I must also say that im trying to install (or did) the norton family app but it keep saying it cannot report on activity due to the damnopera mini which is installed. Now on the tablet its not even there, so i assumed it must be the one on the phone then. But as i said still there but disabled. Read sumfin bout deleting it from java but thats not on the phone.... electronic disfunctional person i am.