how to Uninstall HiMarket"Chinese" and Install The English one

Aspire4520

Jan 21, 2012
Hi all..

I bought "Sony Tablet - 32GB - Wifi" from China .. from ???

the tablet is awesome .. But the only drawback I found is the "Android Chinese market" called >> HiMarket v. 2 ..

My question is: How do I install "Android Market - the English version?" and Uninstall the chinese market ?

I tried to remove the Chinese market but I could not ..

I tried to reset the device but nothing happened..

I tried to uncheck GPS location but nothing happened ..

I tried to change the language and still the market is in chinese

I searched for "HiMarket" and I found that it is 100% chinese market that containts all the apps in chinese only ..

Please Help Me .. I am tired of trying to figure how to solve this issue :( ..
---------
This is the first time using tablet .. Please clarify the explanations ..

Thanks all ..

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
Unless you "root" the tablet, you will not be able to delete built on apps (known as "bloatware). You can use a launcher application that lets you hide it from the app drawer.
As for the "real" Google market, you can download it to device. If you don't see it, let me know and I will post it.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Aspire4520

Jan 21, 2012
Unless you "root" the tablet, you will not be able to delete built on apps (known as "bloatware). You can use a launcher application that lets you hide it from the app drawer.
As for the "real" Google market, you can download it to device. If you don't see it, let me know and I will post it.

Could you post it here please?

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
http://db.tt/sisEBbpA

Try this.... (might not be most recent, but once installed, you can update from there....)

Last edited:

Aspire4520

Jan 21, 2012
I installed it .. but there is a problem .. when I open the market, it asks me wheather you wanna add new account, when I press yes, it exist the program directly...

I don't know why !!?? :( :(

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
Did you try going into the market on tablet by opening a browser and typing in google market? From what I heard, the market app (and remember, it is just an app to access the market) does not work on all phones or tablets.

If anyone else is reading this, with I am wondering if CM's GAPPS would work here....suggestions?

applezors

Jan 23, 2012
I also got a new Sony Tablet S1 from China and I am experiencing the same problem. After installing the Market.apk I get a pop-up asking to add an account and either option just closes the Market. I tried going to the Android Market through the internet browser but whenever I try to download something it says I don't have an Android device connected to the Google account. I have also tried setting up my Google account through the email option in the tablet but it still says I have no Android device synced,

Aspire4520

Jan 21, 2012
I also got a new Sony Tablet S1 from China and I am experiencing the same problem. After installing the Market.apk I get a pop-up asking to add an account and either option just closes the Market. I tried going to the Android Market through the internet browser but whenever I try to download something it says I don't have an Android device connected to the Google account. I have also tried setting up my Google account through the email option in the tablet but it still says I have no Android device synced,

Same as me :( ..

edwardda

Feb 1, 2012
Unfortunately guys the Chinese version has the functionality to register your device to a Google account removed. I agree that this is incredibly annoying, but I guess it is all part of China's battle with Google, and Sony's desire to appease the powers that be.

I actually took my device back to the Sony store to ask/complain about this (it was an official Sony store) but the sales guys had no idea about the device. The customer service in China is only in Chinese, so I tried emailing Sony Japan for support, but so far they have ignored me.

Really frustrating that a large part of the functionality of the device is removed here, and had I known this I would never have bought it here, but waited until I returned to the UK.

I guess the one lesson to learn here is to never buy an Android device in China unless it is a Grey import ... just another reason why unofficial computer malls thrive here and yet the official stores are empty!

Also add into this the fact that many useful apps (such as drop-box) are blocked here in China, and it leads to a limited Android experience.

alexsaratan

Jun 25, 2012
Hi! I just bought a Sony Tablet S over the weekend. I wasn't aware of this issue until I tried downloading Android Apps from Google Play. I thought it was just a fluke. But after reading a coupe of forums about this concern, I am definitely sure that it was not.

So, has anyone found a better solution with regards to our concern? It is beginning to be frustrating to own something but not maximizing its full capacity.