How to use CM7 for nook color

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
Green newbie,

Hello everyone, let me start out by saying I know nothing about the nook color so is there a section in the forum "Nook using CM7 for dummies"?
Okay I was able to load the nook color using the sd card I purchased with CM7, connects to the web fine. Its my wifes nook and she wants to download
audio books to listen to while she works. Can't seem to download and install anything, looking for some help or instructions.:confused:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hello and welcome. The Nook Color is a good choice and there is an extensive section here covering it. We will get this thread moved to the Nook section where you will get more help. In the mean time take a look here for all things Nook Nook.

JP

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
Ok thanks JP, sorry for posting in the wrong section. I utimately need nook audio advice but have to start out with basics on nook.
hulk2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What happens when you touch the Market app? Do you get any messages or does it take you to the Market? Once in the market are you seeing any messages like "device not compatible"?

You should simply be able to launch the Market app then browse for the app you want. Once you find it you will click to download and then click to install. The app will then appear in your app drawer.

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
Seen device not compatible before. Let me tell you what I just did: downloaded an audio book in mp3 format. When the download was complete nook said
"press ok to reboot into ClockMod Recovery" so thats what I did? Now what?

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
Went to market apps looking to download a free app. Saw the ebay app so I chose that. Error message came up so i wanted to try re-download.

Error ebay could not download due to an error message. Well now when I tap on market app a page like ebay appears frozen and I can't get out, help!

Last edited:

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
Went into market apps and forced it to stop, cleared cache and now when I tap market app I am back in the market.

Anytime I go to an app and try and download I get an error message!

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Seen device not compatible before. Let me tell you what I just did: downloaded an audio book in mp3 format. When the download was complete nook said
"press ok to reboot into ClockMod Recovery" so thats what I did? Now what?

Well, that's not supposed to happen. Instead of downloading MP3s to the Nook directly why don't you try copying a couple over to internal memory or onto an SD card and then using a player to see if they work.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Went into market apps and forced it to stop, cleared cache and now when I tap market app I am back in the market.

Anytime I go to an app and try and download I get an error message!

So it definitely sounds like you are having some issues. That was the correct procedure to fix the Market. As far as the app downloading error, are you logged in and syncing to a google account? Settings>Accounts & sync and then a google account with a green circle and arrows? Also go Settings>Applications and check/uncheck and recheck the Unkown sources box.

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
JP
Why when I go to market place to download any app I get an error message?

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
As far as the app downloading error I am logged in and syncing to a google account? Settings>Accounts & sync and then a google account with a green circle and arrows? Also in Settings>Applications and check/uncheck and recheck the Unknown sources box, did that

Still get error... Could not download due to an error?

hulk2

Dec 14, 2011
JP

At the accept & download tab underneath is permissions, storage, system tools, service that cost money etc.. do I need to set something in these fields?

Last edited: