HP Plans to Announce Snazzy Looking 14-Inch Android Laptop

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
hp_slatebook_14_2.jpg

Leave it to HP to do what they do best. According to some leaked info, HP will be offering a snazzy looking new laptop soon. While that may not be surprising, the build of this device is rather unique. It will actually be an Android based laptop (with touch-screen) and offer a host of hardware reminiscent of an Android tablet.

Here's the spec-sheet:

• NVIDIA Tegra processor (whether it’s Tegra 4 or Tegra K1 is unknown at this time)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 1080p HD 14-inch display
  • HDMI-out
  • Built-in webcam
  • 3x USB ports
  • Beats Audio speakers
As you can see from the spec-list, the device has the potential to be a decent device. It's model name will be the HP SlateBook 14, and we have included a few pics which came along with the leaked intel. There were some videos, but they no longer appear to be working (at least at the time of this post).

What do you think? If you were in need of a laptop, would you consider an Android based one from HP?

Source: Phandroid

edap

Dec 12, 2012
It looks great. But, what does HP expect me to do with my Chromebook? An Android powered laptop doesn't seem to be the way to go, for me. Chromebook keeps up with updates pretty well. So, what version OS are we talking about? And, who is the target audience? Lots of questions concerning this one.