Huawei S7 On Sale Again @ BB $50 Off Starting Sunday 2/20

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
It's baaack - S7 on sale again at BB for $50 off- those of you who missed the last sale or who just couldn't wait and bought yours at full price since the last sale can take advantage. (BB should price match those S7's bought at full price since the last sale - so go for it). Of course the Huawei is buried in the circular because the "big" news is the introduction of the Moto Xoom 10" tab (available starting 2/24) - that you must purchase at least one month of month-to-month Verizon service to unlock the WIFI only capability! Here's the kicker as if you didn't know: $799!!!!! Hmm, let's see Huawei at $250 (or even Galaxy Tab for that matter at say $400) vs. Xoom at $800 - wow. IMO Motorola and Verizon have lost their minds and have lost a golden marketing opportunity to grab some serious IPAD market share with a very capable Tab - but that price point is ridiculous. Oh well, grab the Huawei bargain while you can....BB is also offering a Virgin Mobile MiFi bundle deal (add a VM MiFi hotspot card + $40 of airtime (1 month of 5GB 3G service) for an addition $90 when bundled with the $250 S7. Go get 'em.

Last edited:

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
I may ask in the store, but the website reflects the tablet only being $250 when purchased with the bundle. Otherwise it is regularly priced.

edit: my devilish plan was to buy/order this on Saturday at $250...keep it for two weeks and by the end of the return period I'd hope to have more clarity on both the 2.2 upgrade and/or the S7 slim. Since it's not on sale, there's no pressure to buy right now.

Last edited:

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
I may ask in the store, but the website reflects the tablet only being $250 when purchased with the bundle. Otherwise it is regularly priced.

edit: my devilish plan was to buy/order this on Saturday at $250...keep it for two weeks and by the end of the return period I'd hope to have more clarity on both the 2.2 upgrade and/or the S7 slim. Since it's not on sale, there's no pressure to buy right now.

Correct - I just reviewed the ad, and the fine print says tablet only is regular price, 299.99.
Oh well....

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Sorry people, but you DO NOT have to get the bundle to get the discount on the S7. With all due respect, you are misinterpreting the ad. It is standard for BB to give the regular price and the SAVINGs price of the item in the ad. If you were forced to get the VM MiFi bundle, they would not bother to print the "discount price" of the Huawei S7 alone ($249.99) + the S7/VM mifi bundle price ($339.99), they would only print the bundle price. Please post here if you encounter a situation at any BB where they are not honoring the discount price of the S7 alone. If so, then someone has grounds for a false advertising claim. Besides, with all the focus on the Xoom, I doubt BB cares ('cept of course they may try to bait and switch you to the Xoom like they were doing with the Galaxy tab a few weeks back - LOL).

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I bought my S7 on the 17th ($299) and went in yesterday (Sunday) to get the $50 back. They argued for a while, stating it was only discounted as part of the bundle. However, I insisted and noted that on their website although the S7 was listed for $299, on the This Weeks Specials, or whatever they call it, it said the S7 was $250 with no mention of required bundle purchase. The salesperson seemed quite confused but was pleasant throughout and finally just did a 'Price Match' and refunded the $50 back to me.

Last edited:

onald

Feb 21, 2011

I ordered online & picked up the tablet at my local Best Buy for $249 this morning.

snookiemon

Jan 14, 2011
I ordered online & picked up the tablet at my local Best Buy for $249 this morning.

bought mine yesterday their system didn't have the correct price. went back today and got my $53 bucks :)

I love this tablet have already been running it from a full charge this morning for more than 6 hrs. been using both gps and wifi (not at the same time) listening to mp3's and played angry birds for an hour. this thing is solid. will be rooting it tonight:)

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Has Anyone tried 10% off coupon on this tablet?

Your mileage will defintely vary. You can try sweet talking the BB rep into overriding the coupon, but the coupon explicitly states that the discount only applies to "regularly priced", eligibile items. They have started to really close the consumer loopholes on their coupons such that you never know if a coupon will apply anymore until its scanned into the register. BB has defintely gotten into a bad habit of trying to lawyer their way out of honoring customer coupons. Losing sight once again of the "Customer is always right" addage, at their own peril in lost customer loyalty.

Last edited:

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011

Sorry people, but you DO NOT have to get the bundle to get the discount on the S7. With all due respect, you are misinterpreting the ad. It is standard for BB to give the regular price and the SAVINGs price of the item in the ad. If you were forced to get the VM MiFi bundle, they would not bother to print the "discount price" of the Huawei S7 alone ($249.99) + the S7/VM mifi bundle price ($339.99), they would only print the bundle price. Please post here if you encounter a situation at any BB where they are not honoring the discount price of the S7 alone. If so, then someone has grounds for a false advertising claim. Besides, with all the focus on the Xoom, I doubt BB cares ('cept of course they may try to bait and switch you to the Xoom like they were doing with the Galaxy tab a few weeks back - LOL).

Just saw this post....no, I wasn't misinterpreting it....bestbuy.com actually had this listed as $299 yesterday afternoon (Sunday) while the bundle was priced as it was in the ad (my post just made it seem like I was pulling that out of my @__ but I wasn't). They must have adjusted it since then.

I'm glad I checked this thread again. I ordered it and will be picking mine up tomorrow.

Last edited: