I cant get it to connect to my computer

nsw8148

Apr 27, 2011
I downloaded the driver from the Acer website and installed it, connected my a500, and nothing shows up when I choose "turn on USB sync"

On my Streak, it makes the device show up in "my computer"

Any suggestions?

pentool

May 1, 2011
There are two different programs offered for download at Acer. One is a USB driver, which looks like you downloaded. This allows you to see your tablet in Win explorer and copy stuff to/from.

The other is an application for windows which is the USB Acer Sync program. That is what you need to sync via USB.

nsw8148

Apr 27, 2011
The driver is the one I can't get to work I can't explore my device :-(

I had to email my book to myself to get it on here. Really cool tablet though, going to have a lot of fun with it :)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

sontan

Apr 26, 2011
I am running windows 7 and when i hooked up my A500 via the USB adapter to the PC it reconized it right away. It just showed up as an external hard drive. I didn't have to do anything at all to make it work. I xfer'd a couple movies and music that way with no issues at all.

nsw8148

Apr 27, 2011
Windows vista. It makes the connecting noise, but nothing shows up other than that. Oh well, I guess I'll just fiddle with it some more.

pentool

May 1, 2011
I do confirm that you do not need the driver if you use Win 7. Initially I have not even thought about it and went ahead installed the driver as Acer said, before connecting my tablet. But now I uninstalled it, reboot, and the tablet is visible and workable just fine via USB (Win 7 Ultimate x64).

sm4rtr3tard

Apr 29, 2011
Only two tested systems that I know it works on is windows 7 and ubuntu. A little bit of tinkering will go far. Post your fix when you figure it out. Im curious how it differs from W7, as well as it will help others.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Tablet Forum

nsw8148

Apr 27, 2011
When my wife gets home i'll try her laptop out, it has windows 7 on it.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
when you got it to work with acer sync did you us the regular usb plug or the micro usb plug. I don't have a male/male usb plug so I'm trying the micro usb plug and I can't get the micro usb connector to fix, too tight of a fit.

Just wanting to know if anyone got the micro usb to work before I go get a male/male regular usb cable.

Ken

JPaul

May 27, 2011
Running VISTA here and using USB cable that came with the tablet. Tab shows up as external device but the 32 Gig SD does not show up at all. Sync will not find the tablet.
JPaul