I need HELP! - Asus ME301

rbritesu

Aug 13, 2013
I need help! I love android based devices better than anything else. So I decided that I would to get a tablet (Asus ME301) for my brother and he loves that he can take all his books to his classes on it. Well I got him this about a month or so ago and he tells me that it is crashing every few hours as of two days ago. It started when he was just sitting in his dorm using an app for translating (since he studies var. Languages) when it suddenly got very hot and shut itself down. Now it freezes and requires a quick reset every couple hours. Is there hope? Will Asus cover this?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
At this stage it doesn't sound like an ASUS problem, so there would be nothing they could do for the problem. But we really need more information. Originally it was a translation app and that app may have gotten corrupted, or at least the cache. He may want to uninstall the app restart his TF and install the app again. It also could be a WiFi communication issue which I have more information about in a link below.

Worst case, if it is still crashing, the only way to tell if the tablet is at fault would be to do a factory reset. I really don't feel this is a tablet problem but more of an app issue.

I also suggest he install this app Clean Master and run it to clean some of the cache which should help.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi rbritesu, congratulations on your new Asus ME301 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!