I need help with Huawei S7 Slim. Touchscreen won't work.

Kel

Sep 19, 2011
Hi every one. This tablet works good when it does. The problem I am having is I belive I downloaded a app on the android market place and didn't know it was a 3rd launcher or ect. When I boot my tablet back up, it loads but when I the touch screen, it's unrepsonsive. I have no idea what to do. I am looking for some help. Thank You.
I have Huawei S7 Slim with android 2.2.

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
I had the same problem. I used a 3rd party launcher and when I rebooted and the screen would not respond. I got mine working again by installing a new rom using the sd card method. Make sure it is for the slim and not the original s7. There are official roms for different countries. I live in california, but I used an Indonesian version. On the root of your sd card create a folder (dload), inside you have 2 files, updata.app and unlmt.cfg. Put the card in your slim and power it up. When the screen says ok push the power button and reboot. Good luck

mabathana

Oct 18, 2011
Hi kosenn

Will you please explain more (take me step by step) on what should I do to get this tablet working again. I have the same problem, the screen is not responsive and there is nothing much I can do at this point.

Thanking you in advance

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
As I said in my post, download the firmware for your device. there is a South African version in this forum. Unzip the file and copy the entire dload folder(inside there are 2 files) to your memory card. I suggest you copy the firmware to blank formatted memory card. Remove the battery to power it off, insert your memory card, put your battery back in and power up. Your tablet should automatically install the new firmware. When the screen says ok, push the power button and reboot. This will set your tablet to factory settings. Good luck.

Important: Make sure you remove the sd card before you press the power button to reboot.

Last edited:

taskjo

Nov 3, 2011
Thanks kosenn. It worked for me. I have been battling with this problem for three days now. After the OK appears it still continued to update several services including the touchscreen, and coulometer (whatever that is) firmware. Them my screen is back as original MTN huawei slim 7. But now I understand 3rd party launchers is the coulprit in this touchscreen freezing I would have to find a way to solve that one too. Huawei home launcher is not just enough.

taskjo

Nov 3, 2011
That sounds straightforward l will try it. Thanks

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

imu

Dec 12, 2011
hi!
i need help..
my ideos s7 slim has touch screen issues,,
when i restart it, it works but then goes unresponsive till i press the power button.. then it works for a second then goes crazy again.. :/
help

taskjo

Nov 3, 2011

imu

Dec 12, 2011
thanx!!!
i live in Kenya, anyway you can tell me how to get the safaricom firmware?

Marex

Apr 21, 2012
pls help i have Huawei S7 Slim and it's reboot himself when i unlock him . not every time but often ?