I rolled back from 4.1.1 to 4.0.4 and now I've lost fastboot

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I can boot into ICS using the stock ROM and kernel, but now when I load fastboot, I just get the message:
Starting Fastboot USB download protocol
The second line of text usually present is missing.
Code:
fastboot devices
shows nothing. Same with ADB. Clockworkmod is gone. Instead, the first line of text is "Android system recovery <3e>". I also see the android with the upset stomach, as if something is trying to install. There are no .zips in the sdcard root. It still says
Code:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
I get the same result if I put the 4.0.4 ROM on sdcard as update.zip. But I could clear everything up if I only had fastboot.

Thanks!

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
I think they changed the USB IDs for fastboot in JB... I kept having to re-setup the fastboot drivers when switching back and forth between ICS and JB.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I think they changed the USB IDs for fastboot in JB... I kept having to re-setup the fastboot drivers when switching back and forth between ICS and JB.

I noticed that there are fastboot device ids in 4.1.1.

Last edited:

anika200

Dec 2, 2012
Finally got around to re-root and CWM install and here are my observations from linux point of view. All things seem to be the same here, the Idvendor id is the same but the idProduct changes depending on if you are in fastboot or regular usb debug which is normal.

There does seem to be a whole new bootloader with some different fastboot interactions. The fastboot now boots into an interactive menu where you can select several options, cool. Maybe we are moving towards a unified bootloader/fastboot thing. When you put the device into fastboot mode and issue "fastboot devices", you no longer get a response But all things are still functioning.

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Finally got around to re-root and CWM install and here are my observations from linux point of view. All things seem to be the same here, the Idvendor id is the same but the idProduct changes depending on if you are in fastboot or regular usb debug which is normal.

There does seem to be a whole new bootloader with some different fastboot interactions. The fastboot now boots into an interactive menu where you can select several options, cool. Maybe we are moving towards a unified bootloader/fastboot thing. When you put the device into fastboot mode and issue "fastboot devices", you no longer get a response But all things are still functioning.

I'd be very happy if we could use nvflash...