I want to root

randroidran

Jun 23, 2011
I understand rooting but what can you do with a rooted tablet besides overclocking and roms. Does anyone know if there is going to be much development with the galaxy tab 10.1?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

danielg5

May 3, 2011
I have found two significant benefits.

One may be fairly limited, but there seems to be great interest in the second. The first is that my office has a VPN called NetExtender. The maker of that VPN hardware/software has an android app, but it requires a rooted phone/tablet. With my tablet rooted, I can access our company servers and files from anywhere with an internet connection, and with a simple remote desktop/VNC client, I can control my computer desktop as if I were in the office, all from my tablet.

The other is of wider interest: In order to connect to an ad hoc network, android tablets must be rooted. If you want to use an ad hoc network connection to access another internet/data source (i.e. tethering), you have to be rooted.

jamessmith

Mar 6, 2016
I understand rooting but what can you do with a rooted tablet besides overclocking and roms. Does anyone know if there is going to be much development with the galaxy tab 10.1?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum
I usually use root tools like iroot to make it easier.A one-click rooting app for Android. It is much straightforward/self-explanatory.refer to this article:
Top 2 Ways for Rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@jamessmith: We allowed your post because of its usefulness, but in the future please pay attention to the dates of posts. This thread is nearly five years old, and the authors are unlikely to read it.