Ice Cream Sandwich tablet won't fully boot.

stowbs

Jan 28, 2014
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Hi I bought my son a cheap android tablet from China because I wanted to get a cheaper version before spending a lot on one if he wasn't responsible enough yet. It came with no name on the box or the device, but when plugged into my pc it says it a Galaxy (not sure which version). Anyway the tablet worked fine for a while, but now won't fully boot. It is stuck on the ice cream sandwich logo. I've tried hitting the reset button and doing a factory reset all to no avail. I heard that there is a way to reinstall the OS but don't know how. It has Android OS 4.0, Kernel 3.0.8, Build Number V1.5.0. I have another android which is a Nobis 9 running Android version 4.1.1, Kernel Version 3.0.8, Build Number NB09.20130929.v005 and wanted to download the OS to the SD card or USB and reinstall it from there, but can't find clear instructions. I tried the cydia impactor, but it says there is no device when there is one. Can someone please help me to fix this issue as he really needs his tablet for school (I'm afraid to give him mine because he may have deleted a file that was used in the boot process, he's only 8). Please give me step by step instructions as I'm familiar with installing OSs, but not an Android for a tablet. Thanks in advance for any retentive replies.:eek::eek::eek:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It doesn't work that way, you can't use a different OS from a different tablet.
You need the same OS from the same tablet.

Seeing you have a noname tablet nothing can be done as we don't know what type of tablet you have.

If you can get the tablet into recovery mode, you could try factory reset.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

stowbs

Jan 28, 2014
Sorry vampirefo but you obviously miss understood. I'm not trying to use another OS. The thing is that it wouldn't boot in recovery mode and wanted to place the OS on a SD card or USB and boot from there. I know it can be done I just wanted to know how. The only reason I mentioned the other tablet was because in order to get the files from my PC to the card is to use the working one. I know that there are different versions for different devices, but if I use the SAME one that was on there initially, I should to find one that works or even do an upgrade. Even if I have to download several. Please don't tell me that it can't be done (I've seen it first hand) or not read the entire post and respond with a half baked answer that has nothing to do with the question at hand. By the way, who told you that you can't change the OS? Of course you'd need to know the hardware specifications of the device in order to have it install and run properly, but it can be done as well.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well good luck to you then, I have only been a Linux developer for 13 years and an android developer for 4.
You apparently know much more than I do, I am sure you will fix your problem in no time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone