I'm in Shenzhen & Hong Kong next month? Should I buy a tablet?

nobail

May 18, 2011
Hi Everyone. I am new to the forum. I hope this question is ok to ask.

I live in the USA, but next month I will be working in Shenzhen and will also spend some time in Hong Kong. Is buying a tablet while over there worthwhile? Does anybody have any pointers in doing so? I have just started doing research and don't know any brands or risks, etc. I would like to have a reputable brand if possible and open source license compliance is important to me. Maybe I should just stay in the USA with my purchase. :)

Anyway, I am one who likes to play, so my preference would be to buy a value tablet and root/tweak it. I would like something that would work with Honeycomb.

Anyone have any advice or pointer to particularly relevant threads. I read the one on shanzhai goods and that was interesting. I did not know that word until today.

Thanks in advance.
-Hal

colin59

May 18, 2011
hi Hal,,am new as well to android tablets i just bought a flytouch 3,,,,2.2 and to tell you the true i am not over impressed with it lol trying to download apps that don`t even exist,,,like skype on android market its not there lol and other things on the tablet going mad, anyway i just ordered a heropad M10 from hong kong and will see if thats any better i will probably end up getting a Apple ipad i bet lol, as for the flytouch i think i will dump it on a poor filippino when i go back home to the phill am sure they will get it working good lol ,,,,,good luck anyway will post back here i a few days about the heropad M10,,,,,,:)

well i received the heropad or mid as its called on the box from Hong Kong (only took 3 days to uk) and what a difference it makes the flytouch 3 look like a kids toy lol,,,the vids,pictures and overall look is very impressive i must say,,,,i think it was voted the best ipad clone of 2010 its just a bit laggie when browsing vids on youtube but i can live with that for now,,, anyway good luck in your quest,,,,, colin :)

Last edited:

DJACID

May 7, 2011
The nec ev2 7" tablet might be ideal on paper it says honeycomb future update,