Apr 27, 2016
How can I install instagram?
It can't be installed on my device

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-HV using Tapatalk

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Look on APKMirror.com for older versions of the Instagram app, download a copy of the APK file from there and install it using a file manager. The current version requires a version of Android later than the one you have on your device, which is why you can't install it.

Googoo2000

Apr 27, 2016
Look on APKMirror.com for older versions of the Instagram app, download a copy of the APK file from there and install it using a file manager. The current version requires a version of Android later than the one you have on your device, which is why you can't install it.
Oh, I did it twice but it didn't work. Actually I was one of instagram users but I uninstalled it without deleting my account, and now I just want to go back to my account so that I tried different ways to reinstall it but nothing helped. For example I used Google play over and over but it was just warning that this app is not compatible with my device or isn't available in my country!!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Instagram 7.2.2 (13167125) (arm) (320dpi) APK Download by Instagram - APKMirror

You didn't do it at all, because I found the above link in about thirty seconds of searching. You must download the file from the link above and install it using a file manager, because you cannot use the Play Store. The current version of Instagram on the Play Store requires a newer version of Android than what is on your tablet. Thus the version on the Play Store will always refuse to install.

Googoo2000

Apr 27, 2016
Instagram 7.2.2 (13167125) (arm) (320dpi) APK Download by Instagram - APKMirror

You didn't do it at all, because I found the above link in about thirty seconds of searching. You must download the file from the link above and install it using a file manager, because you cannot use the Play Store. The current version of Instagram on the Play Store requires a newer version of Android than what is on your tablet. Thus the version on the Play Store will always refuse to install.
I'm sure I did, but I opened the link above, tried to download its apk file and reinstall it, and again it warned me the app not installed.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You have installing from unknown sources checked in the security options? You tried uninstalling any existing apps, if present?

I'm also assuming you're running Android 4.2.2, since you didn't provide any information whatsoever in that regard. If you're running another version, it might be a good idea to let us know.