install firmware without recovery mode

ksporry

Nov 26, 2010
My f'ed up freescale iMX515 A8 9.7" tablet does not have recovery mode.
This means I cannot install firmware via the recovery mode.
Can someone please tell me how I can install new firmware without using recovery mode?
I know how to get into recovery mode with other android devices, I have flashed firmware before on other android devices. This tablet simply doesn't have a recovery boot, so I have to know how to install firmware using a different technique, please tell me how
thank you

PS, I have a mac, no PCs

Last edited:

HiThere

Apr 5, 2011
does anyone have an answer for me?

If your tablet is like mine (mine is a 9.7" cortex A8 capacitive TS dual speaker with the same build as the Herotab), then it will boot to a screenless recovery mode by holding the volume up button while pressing the power button...this is only useful if you're connected to a computer via USB...the tablet screen won't come up, but provided you have the proper USB drivers loaded on the computer, and the developer's kit, and maybe some other factory development software, (it shows up as something with "Elvis" in the name, iirc), then you can access the internal card, load firmware, push/pull, etc. This is all I know about it, besides the fact that once the tablet is in this mode, you can only get out by using the pinhole reset switch.