Internal SD Storage cannot be detected. Error: SD is unmounted or not present.

yankimi73

Dec 30, 2012
Hi,

I would like to ask for help on what to do with my MID7048.

I got this error right after I rebooted the tablet. Prior to do that, I was backing-up files using Titanium Back-Up when the process stopped notifying me that there was insufficient memory. So I went to the ES File Explorer to delete some files but there ws an errorthat I can't delete files. So I rebooted and didn't anymore have the Internal Storage getting detected.

I did the following:

-Rebooted several times just to check if it will get detected again.
-Plugged the tablet to the laptop via usb but the tablet was not detected.
-Tried to do a factory reset with the Erase SD Card option checked but still it just gave me an error that the SD Card was removed.
-Tried to use SD Card Analysst under ES File Explorer but still the Internal SD Card cannot be detected.

I am clueless on what to do next. I cannot use the Gallery because here is an error popping out that there was no SD Card.

Tyhank you to anyone whho will reply to this thread

eaking007

Jan 1, 2013
My God, it is a very common thing in MID7048.
I Have same issue with my tablet.
ultra common in mid7048 in the philippines.. many bugs like no sd card com.android.process.media has stopped... if we contact coby then they can fix this.... I wish that will happen
im filipino.... so im the only one in the philippines to hard to speak english

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
Download SDFormatter...Put the card in a card reader via usb on your computer...Open SDFormatter...click options...Choose format type then Full(Overwrite)..Leave Format Size adjustment off...Click ok...Then hit format at the bottom...Let it do it's process...Once it's done...Turn the tablet off....Then put the card in..Then boot the tablet..See if it solves the problem...If it doesn't....Go in to your options menu..and then reformat it again in the tablet....That will definitely fix the problem....Solved..Enjoy...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@surgeman: Either they messed around with vold.fstab on their tablets attempting to flip the mount points or their internal memory was corrupted. If the former, putting the original vold.fstab file back on the tablet should resolve it. Your advice is the way to go if that isn't the issue however. :)

acidburn23

Dec 3, 2012
yeah this is the common issue for mid7048 i have this problem in 5 months when i'm installing apps i use google play, i wish coby kyros upload the firmware for 7048 to reflash the device using livesuite or anything... then for example for samsung they use a Odin for the device to reflash

kidmikee

Mar 31, 2013
I am having the same problem too with my mid 7048-4, sd card cannot be detected, then later on my pc cant read my tablet...
please help me, dont know what to do anymore... thnx....

samirnge

Mar 31, 2013
I was using a new one who work just fine until the install of "Directory Bind", after thar the same error of internal sd and wi-fi appears, i touch the "reset" button of the right side and uninstall the app, and after that everything go back to normal.