"Preparing SD Card, Checking for Error" - Need Help.............

nitingupta29

Aug 7, 2012
Hi
I have a ONDA Vi40 android (4.0.3) tablet. I have used it for a week. It had no problem until today, after I shut it off to save the battery. When I started it again, I found the words "Preparing SD Card, Checking for error" and a sd card icon appearing in the taskbar all the time. And I found that all of my apps installed on internal SD card have disappeared from my tablet.

Moreover, If my tablet go to sleep after a certain inactive time, when I put the power button, it does not open. I had to press it for a long time and many times, then my tablet reboot again, and shows "Preparing SD Card, Checking for error" again.
I cannot use any file explorer apps to check for error in the internal sd card. Also I cannot access the storage & developer options function in the settings menu. And I cannot access the external sd card too.

I tried to reset the tablet from the settings menu. The tablet did reset and was back to the factory settings EXCEPT for the SD card error. IT STILL REMAINS......

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks

nitingupta29

Aug 7, 2012
Hi sorry I forgot to mention that this problem remains same even if i keep the SD card inside the card slot or remove it. I have also tried to use 3 - 4 different external SD cards. However the problem is same. It seems the problem is with the internal memory. How can we reformat the internal card?

Thanks

bob100

Aug 26, 2012
Hello, i bought last week a Onda vi40 dual core and heve exactly the same problem.
Please, is there anybody who can help us???

asad44

Nov 8, 2012
My tablet was also doing like this and I found the problem . The problem is tha you havve installed too many apps on your android device so thats why he checking for errors taking along time so when your android device has checked the errors reset and erase your sd card also thank you