Internal Storage is full.

davemartel

Dec 2, 2011
Sorry if this is a repost, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Lately I've been getting this error "The Internal Storage is full on VTAB1008" check the manual to fix it.

I can't figure out what to do. It's been coming up almost all the time.

I've deleted aps from both the "sd card" and internal memory and none of that seems to do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
How long has it been since you turned the tablet off?
Tablets are nothing more than computers. If you don't shut them off once or twice a week the bugger up.
I have never had this problem on mine so I don't have a definitive answer, but you may have to do a factory restore on it.
Some Apps are not completely compatible with some hardware and can bugger the OS as it is. When this happens unistalling the conflicting app does not correct the problem. I would suggest backing up you personal data to your pc and then doing the restore, but it might not work considering the error you are getting but it is worth a try.
If it works pay attention to when you install which Apps and how the tablet is working, you may be able to find a conflicting app that way.
Also try using Android Assistant to move as much of your Apps as you can off the tablets memory on to your SD card as you can to keep space free. And as you add Apps keep moving new stuff over, almost the app to free up memory from unused Apps.
Just like any pc. When your physical memory runs very low there is not enough room for your swap file, this causes problems with the Os running properly and I have seen some windows PCs get so flagged up over it that the OS had to be reinstalled and much of the personal information lost.

Android is not windows but a linux based OS so it is much more stable, but no OS is perfect,, so you can still run in to problems at times.
Hope this helps in some way.
One more thing. If you have Netflix on your tablet, keep it on the tablet, not on the SD card. For some reason having the app on the card causes a lag between audio and video and they get out of sync real bad.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sorcerer1055

Dec 13, 2011
does android assistant actually move the apps to the external sd card, or simply to what vizio calls the sd, which is just a partition of the internal storage? I use Super box (similar to android assistant ) and i've also tried apps2sd, and they both just move apps to the partition area.

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
does android assistant actually move the apps to the external sd card, or simply to what vizio calls the sd, which is just a partition of the internal storage? I use Super box (similar to android assistant ) and i've also tried apps2sd, and they both just move apps to the partition area.

Until there is an update/fix from Vizio (outside of rooting) no app will truly move to the SD card, just media.
This has been discussed in several threads.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
You have to mind the partition structure of android devices, the structure of the Vtab is like this (in a simplified way):

internal storrage:
-system partition
-recovery partition
-Appdata partition
-userdata partition (called sd-card)

external storrage:
-usually only one partition

If u install an app its apk file and app data will be placed in the app data partition. This is a very small partition of prox 250mb and thus relatively easy to fill up.
Now you have the possibility to go to manage applications menu and move some apps to the sdcard which will actually move the apk only to the 4gig userdata partition making some space for more apps.
But this is not enough in some cases as the space will get filled up again by app data. That can be reduced by some steps like using a 3rd party browser that allowes to store its cache on the sdcard (userdata partition) or a 3rd party mail app (k9 for example) that allowed to do the same with email storage.
Also you should install an app like move2sd that gives an overview of what apps can be moved and what their apk size is.
This way you will gain more space for apps on your device.
--------------------------
tapatalked from vizio vtab1008

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
It does not move the entire app to the MicroSD card but is moves much of it. I'm not sure there are any apps that move all. But moving apps is only one thing that AA does, the one app might replace a few of the apps you have on your tab right now and if so you still have your functionality and save loads of space at the same time.
If you load AA to your device and then move the app to the SD card and then remove the SD card the apps stop working. It moves information off the device on to the MicroSD card. All apps you have moved will not work if the SD card is not in the device.

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Sometimes you just have to shut the tablet down, to clear some of those icky attribute bytes! And connect to a regular PC to read the tablets a & b drives. Also go into all of your Google docs, to tidy some of those things up...