Internet Issues for 9042

Anthony0903

Dec 2, 2012
Hello guys i installed superuser and now the internet says its connected but its not loading any web pages

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Superuser has nothing to do with the Internet. Apps like Droidwall can prevent Internet access to the browser. You may be having problems with your connection.

Anthony0903

Dec 2, 2012
i have tried it on two different wireless networks is there anything i should check should i just restore it back and follow the process through again? If so how do i reinstall the stock ROM i already have a copy of it THANKS!

Im also having another issue when going into root_recovery it says the system could not find the file specified C:\Windows\system32\tmp.log

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello guys i installed superuser and now the internet says its connected but its not loading any web pages

I think it's a coincidence. Assuming you haven't installed something intended to help tether to a phone I have solutions for connection problems in a link below. Something there should work.

Anthony0903

Dec 2, 2012
nothing... im also havin trouble with the root utility that traveller made...i used it on my 9042 and BAM no problems but now its not working

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
i have tried it on two different wireless networks is there anything i should check should i just restore it back and follow the process through again? If so how do i reinstall the stock ROM i already have a copy of it THANKS!

Im also having another issue when going into root_recovery it says the system could not find the file specified C:\Windows\system32\tmp.log
I wouldn't worry about it not finding the old log file as the utility should be creating a new one whenever you run it. But answer me a couple of questions.

1. Where do you have the root utility located on your drive?
  2. If you're attempting to root a different Coby tablet have you installed the ADB drivers again?

Anthony0903

Dec 2, 2012
no its ok i got to work now i just uploaded the tweaks the same way i did it on mind but now im not getting any internet...How can i revert it back to to the stock rom and everything through adb

Anthony0903

Dec 2, 2012
The tablets says its connected to the internet like i stated earlier but no pages at all open

Anthony0903

Dec 2, 2012
Yes i did... Is there a way for me to just fully flash the tablet and make it 100% stock again?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Look in the Development Index sticky on the Development sub-forum. Ideally you should have made a dump yourself before installing the Google apps, but if you didn't there is a dump in that thread, along with a link to a thread by Vampirefo which explains how to restore from that dump.