Introducing NOOK HD & NOOK HD+

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
by JeremyCesarec Wednesday
Categories: announcements

medium

I’m excited to introduce NOOK Blog readers to the two newest tablets in the NOOK Family: NOOK HD and NOOK HD+.

NOOK HD is the lightest and highest resolution 7” HD tablet ever. Not to be outdone, NOOK HD+ is the lightest Full HD tablet ever, with a brilliant 9” HD display that magazine and movie lovers will adore.

NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ were specifically designed to make reading and entertainment as good as it can be. With crisp text, breathtaking images and life-like graphics, NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ let you enjoy books, magazines, movies, TV shows and apps like never before.

NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ are also the first tablets ever designed for both personal use and the whole family to share. It’s like having multiple tablets in one! Individual profiles instantly personalize your NOOK for each member of the family so that everyone can enjoy their very own library.

Our newly expanded NOOK Store offers more than three million books, magazines, newspapers, comics and kids’ books – with over 1 million titles free. We’ve also got all the top apps, including an unbeatable selection of learning apps for kids. And only The NOOK Store provides helpful age recommendations for parents and lets you browse by subject area to find the perfect app for your child.

With our brand new NOOK Video[SUP]™[/SUP] Store and NOOK Catalog[SUP]™[/SUP] content, NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ offer incredible reading and entertainment like never seen before.

Starting at only $199 for NOOK HD and $269 for NOOK HD+, both products deliver an amazing value, with no annoying ads and a power cord included.

Both are available for pre-order at www.nook.com and Barnes & Noble stores for you to enjoy beginning in early November.

Learn all about them here.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Let's just hoped B&N learned from the Nook Tablet that more open (Nook Color) is better. I doubt these will be that open but the Nook Color certainly did better than the Nook Tablet for that reason alone. More than likely they will be locked down about the same as the Nook Tablet which was rootable but not as brick proof as the NC and took longer to hack so much of the interest in the device was lost before root was found. If it is about the same as the NT it shouldn't take quite as long since those methods are known but it still might be enough effort that people lose interest before root is provided when devices like the Nexus 7 are out there.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The Nooks are great. The biggest problem for the average user is being tied to the B&N ecosystem which doesn't have many apps :(

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Prices for Nexus 7 in the chart above is old.
New prices: 16GB model is $199, 32GB model is $249.

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
The Nooks are great. The biggest problem for the average user is being tied to the B&N ecosystem which doesn't have many apps :(

I very much concur with this. The price was a bargain but lack of good apps hinder me from buying it.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
For what it's worth, I have two Nook HD+ tablets, both in great condition that I will give away to the first person to respond.
I'm in Sacramento , come and get them

xboxexpert

Developer
Aug 19, 2013
For what it's worth, I have two Nook HD+ tablets, both in great condition that I will give away to the first person to respond.
I'm in Sacramento , come and get them

I'll pay for shipping to NJ? One for my wife one for me?